Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-22-2010, 09:27 PM   #11 
WuGolfer07
Banned

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BettaxFishxCrazy View Post
Don't beat yourself up over it, these things happen. It's a shame that they don't treat fish in the pet stores when they see that they're sick. Like you said, at least you will know what to look for. I always research things thoroughly so if you have the time, I'd go through threads here of the different diseases and/or online so you have a really good knowledge of the diseases they can get.
I do know if i am stepping on anyone's toes... But Petsmart and Petco have NO IDEA how to care for betta fish or how to help people such as me when i have questions. I question why mega pet stores like that carry pets that they consider to be "throw away" pets when they are not :( i own 6 apple snails and i love em. They are very smart and are cool to watch when they are exploring/eating. But, i have done my research, that is the sad part. I just do not get what killed that betta :( I am afraid the other one is a goner since he was in the same tank ( the lady has the bettas seperated in VERY VERY SMALL containers that latched on the inside on the tank that had a lot of other fish swimming in it and she would let each betta swim freely for a few minutes one at a time) but they where both in the same tank which means same water and same diseases :( so i think the days or even hours of my other guy are numbered :(.. Currently he looks healthy, but he is no longer happy, vibrant and active like he was when i got em early this afternoon. He is just loafing at the top and doing NOTHING. Wont eat, just sitting their staring off into space :(
WuGolfer07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 09:34 PM   #12 
doggyhog

What's the temp of the water?

These things happen!!!!!!!! I had a beautiful boy for a while then he suddenly died. It happens!
doggyhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 09:37 PM   #13 
WuGolfer07
Banned

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by doggyhog View Post
What's the temp of the water?

These things happen!!!!!!!! I had a beautiful boy for a while then he suddenly died. It happens!
room temperature and their is always a reason for everything. Their has to be a reason why that very active and very healthy looking fish died with in hours and i need to figure it out so it doesn't happen again. If that means i never shop at that store for fish again, than so be it, but i need to know what caused an unnecessary death :(
Old 03-22-2010, 09:46 PM   #14 
doggyhog

What temperature do you mean by room temperature?
doggyhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 09:50 PM   #15 
WuGolfer07
Banned

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by doggyhog View Post
What temperature do you mean by room temperature?
76 and i have had my habits at that temperature for a long, long time and never had a temp. related problem. I have never had a betta die the fast on me