Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-26-2013, 09:30 PM   #11 
CoolishPrune3

Yeah but. When I hook it up to Tank 1 and I get good flow, why wouldn't there be good flow on Tank 2??? I'm just not certain it is the pump quite yet. Hmm....... you might be right. I am going to go by a new pump anway in a couple days. Ill let ya know.
CoolishPrune3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 05:57 AM   #12 
Hallyx
Reference Team

You may be confusing a T-fitting, which splits the line into two, with an air-adjuster valve, which fits inline in the tubing and restricts airflow. Putting one of these into the good line allows you to choke that line slightly, allowing more air into the weak line.

You want something like this. But you can find cheap ones for a few bucks at your LFS.

Aquarium Plumbing: Aquatic Micro Ball Valves for Aquariums from Two Little Fishies
Hallyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 04:35 PM   #13 
CoolishPrune3

There are 2 control screws in the valve system. I took some pictures for visual aid. I also took a couple pictures of bubbles seen from the tube. Both screws are in the same position and both tubes should have the same pressure.
Attached Images

Old 11-27-2013, 05:00 PM   #14 
sandybottom
Reference Team

looking at the picture posted,is the one on the left side the one with fewer bubbles?did you try closing the one with more bubbles a little bit?
sandybottom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 05:13 PM   #15 
CoolishPrune3

The one on the left goes to Tank 1 and the one on the right goes to Tank 2. Picture of Tank 1 is the second picture and the third picture is Tank 2.

I have tried closing it completely off to Tank 1 and the pressure in Tank 2 was still minimal.

Last edited by CoolishPrune3; 11-27-2013 at 05:23 PM.
Old 11-27-2013, 07:05 PM   #16 
rickey
Banned

if you close off the tank put out the most air does the other tank flow improve?
R
rickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 07:16 AM   #17 
Hallyx
Reference Team

Your Tetra Whisper air-pump is working fine. What I see is a slight kink in the airline in the lower picture. That is enough to un-equalize the air pressure.

Yes, theoretically, if both adjusters are set the same, the pressure and bubbles should be the same. But those are cheap adjusters and you have to set them by feel. They are the ones I'd recommend. They're just like the ones I use.

Close #1 off all the way. Open #2 as far as you can, judging by the bubbles. Then open #1 till they're equal. If they still are not equal, reverse the numbers and try again.
Old 11-28-2013, 07:53 AM   #18 
rickey
Banned

I'm starting to think it in the gang valve, I use brass valve that I buy in bulk and sometimes you get a bad valve.

R
rickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 08:24 AM   #19 
Hallyx
Reference Team

You may be right, Rick. Those cheap plastic items are not the best for quality control. I'd poke a paper-clip into all those holes and see if removes any possible flash. See? There are even endcaps on the cross-tube part.

But that's just me. I wouldn't tell anyone else to do that.

I love pretty brass fittings, but I'd never spend the money for a Betta tank.
Old 11-28-2013, 05:16 PM   #20 
CoolishPrune3

I tried all of these suggestions. I think it might have been the kink in the house. I got a little bit a flow back. I am going out tomorrow, if the weather is nice, to buy another pump and see if that makes a difference.