Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-22-2010, 10:51 PM   #1 
Jupiter

Good news & bad news.

Bad news: These dividers are killing me! While I was away to visit my family for 5 days, I accidentally left my door open. the couple that i'm renting the room from saw my aquarium (it was ok-I had asked them before I moved in if I could bring it with me), but I think they touched it or messed around with it. I say this because the pots were upright and the dividers were crooked!

When I got home, Corona was on the new boy's side, Renard was in Corona's side, and the new boy was in Renard's side. Now Renard has NO fins left, the poor baby. New boy is very tattered too. Corona came off without a sratch, of course.

I was very lucky they didn't kill each other while I was gone, though. Fins can always heal up.

Lesson learned: must keep my door closed & double check that it is closed at all times.

Good news: They said that I couldn't keep my aquarium on the ground (I hadn't any other place to put it) because they had just re-done the floors, which is understandable. So they gave me a stand for it! It was something they held an old tv on, and they helped me bring it up and put my aquarium on it. And it even has some storage space at the bottom, which is nice, because I was just keeping my fish stuff in a bin next to my aquarium. It looks much nicer now!

And I took some photos with my camera this morning, so I'll upload them soon! Either today or tomorrow morning.
Jupiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 10:56 PM   #2 
dramaqueen
Banned

Well at least no one got killed. It was very nice of them to give you a stand for your aquarium.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 12:33 AM   #3 
Jupiter

Yeah! I couldn't believe it-about the stand, I mean. They're very nice people, they even offered to pick me up from the bus station so I wouldn't have to pay for a cab. :D
Old 03-23-2010, 12:33 PM   #4 
nochoramet

Wow I'm sorry that happened :/ you're right, you're very lucky they didn't kill each other. That's crazy... I hope they all heal up soon and it doesn't happen again!
nochoramet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 10:41 PM   #5 
FireKidomaru

I hate it when the boy's fins get all torn up.... they look sooooo sad I am sorry your fish had to go through this
FireKidomaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 11:39 PM   #6 
Jupiter

Thanks. I just changed half of the water and put in some salt, so hopefully they will heal soon. Renard seems to be swimming okay despite the fact that he's got barely any fins left, so that's good.