Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-25-2010, 05:34 PM   #1 
WuGolfer07
Banned

Question My lil girl keeps spitting food and then just gives up

I have 4 girls in the sorority house and they all ate except the littlest girl. She did'nt get anything =[ So i waited by the house for her to come to top and dropped a small pellet in. She ate it spit it out, ate it spit it out and sure enough another girl came around and stole it! =[ so i tried again, same outcome, tried again, same outcome ( except she swam away with the food in her mouth, was kind of amusing to watch, to get away from the fatties and then she spit it out and one of the fatties came and ate it!) and i tried ONE more time when the other girls where in the plants and she starred at the food and swam away and didnt eat it =[ How am i going to get this little girl to eat? She ate this morning, but only 1 pellet =[. She ate one pellet yesterday i think and the day before is when i bought her. Will she be able to survive on one pellet a day until i can figure this problem out? like the other fish don't bully her, they are bigger and just gobble the pellet up in one try and swim away. I even tried to make the last pellet half the size which is pretty small and she rejected it =[
WuGolfer07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 05:45 PM   #2 
BettaxFishxCrazy

You can cup her and float it or put her in a breeding trap when it's food time. They usually hold their food in their mouths for a little bit waiting for it to soften so they can eat it better. Since she's smaller, I would crush the pellets so they fit into her mouth.
BettaxFishxCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 05:51 PM   #3 
WuGolfer07
Banned

i tried that on the last pellet and she did not even try to go after the much, much smaller pellet, she just gave up =[
WuGolfer07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 05:52 PM   #4 
BettaxFishxCrazy

Probably because she feels insecure because the other girls will eat it up on her if she doesn't eat it right away. Try the cupping method or get a breeding trap, they're about $5 I think at Petsmart.
BettaxFishxCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote