Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-27-2010, 05:25 PM   #1 
reaperss06

twitchy...

I just put my guy in a little .5 gallon hospital, added some marycyn two because I think he has gill problems. He has had the meds in there about 10 mintues maybe, hes been seeming like he needs air, so he floats vertical at the top and grabs air a lot from the surface. He just started twitching a little bit, I'm wondering is this a good thing or can it be bad??

He does seems to be fighting and moving a little more, but I'm still worried because I really really don't wanna lose another fish.
reaperss06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 05:35 PM   #2 
kikuhoshi

The twitching, loss of appetite, and some color loss (the latter two from your previous post), almost sounds like velvet to me. You say that you think he has gill disease because they are more red; can they close all the way, or is it just the redness?
kikuhoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 05:49 PM   #3 
reaperss06

just the redness, he doesnt look shiny like Ive herd described
Old 03-27-2010, 05:54 PM   #4 
reaperss06

it doesn't matter anymore, thanks for the help on this problem, I think I'm gunna stop asking for help because I ALWAYS get it too late. I'll just keep killing fish left and right, itll be more fun that way then trying to have one as a friend since they keep dieing on me.

Last edited by dramaqueen; 03-27-2010 at 11:39 PM.
Old 03-27-2010, 07:35 PM   #5 
BettaxFishxCrazy

I'm really sorry reaperss06. I didn't see this post until just now. Some fish come with diseases when you buy them and it can take some time until you see the signs. If you buy fish from the same store, I'd buy one from a different store if you want to get another one. I know that it can get very frustrating when we lose our friends, but sometimes these things happen. Like any living creature, it has to die at some point. Maybe it'll help if you took a break for a little bit and than go back to it. I'm sorry again, but like I said, sometimes they come with diseases already. At least he had a wonderful place with you until his passing. :)
BettaxFishxCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote