Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-28-2010, 04:34 PM   #1 
Jupiter

Is it just my fish?

I find that none of my fish interact with their plants or decor at all! Which is kind of annoying, considering how much i've paid...

Seth is the only one who sleeps in his fern plant and hides/swims around his jug-type decor. And Aryen had a purple Colour-burst plant he used to swim in and out of all day. The rest of my bettas completely ignore their stuff and swim at the top mainly. Does anyone else have bettas like this?

Edit: And JUST as I finished typing that, Roald Dahl goes into his statue for the first time and comes out of the bottom. Silly fish.

Last edited by Jupiter; 03-28-2010 at 04:37 PM.
Jupiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 04:47 PM   #2 
BettaxFishxCrazy

Lol with mine, sometimes it takes a couple days for them to realize that they can go into the decor things. I bought Apollo a jug and I was so excited to put it in there and he hasn't even gone in it yet.lol
BettaxFishxCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 05:06 PM   #3 
doggyhog

I bet they DO use them, just not when your looking. :P If you have to get up in the night to Ummm well... use a toilet, get a little flashlight and see if they are sleeping in their caves. :D LOL they look so annoyed if you wake them up too.
doggyhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 05:27 PM   #4 
Jupiter

I do that...they just sleep on the bottom! I guess they like the sand better than plants (except for Set, as I already mentioned). Corona is always swimming though, I've never seen him rest. Lol.
Jupiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 05:44 PM   #5 
dramaqueen
Banned

Jaden sleeps in his plant and Morgan goes in and out of his log. Rusty loved his bridge and used to sleep under it. I gave the bridge to Leilani. I hope she uses it.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 03:23 AM   #6 
Gravemind123

Oranos has taken to sleeping between the heater and the tank at night recently, but before that he would usually sleep inside of the cave he has. He doesn't go into it as much in his 5g tank as he did in his 1.5g tank, but I still find him in his cave pretty often. He also tends to swim so that his fins just brush against the plants when he goes by them.
Gravemind123 is offline   Reply With Quote