Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-04-2013, 09:59 PM   #10461 
Tree

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilnaugrim View Post
Good plants! Fair warning, when the rotala acclimates to your tank it will most likely shed it's needles for a while lol so just pick them out when you see them is all. This pic is from a few weeks ago in one of my non-NPT planted tanks. It's much more red this week but this is what it looks like normally. With the lily's if you want them to stay short and bushy, trim the pads off so just the leave's grow and then trim off the biggest leaves when they come up so they don't block the light for the little ones This lily is under medium light so if it's closer to a good light source it will turn more reddish-purple.

Oooh cool! thanks for the tip!

also, I have bad news. my boy Anchovy might have cotton mouth! I see a white cloud inside and around his lips. D= I bought some plants at petsmart that HAD SNAILS! GAHHHH! I thought I cleaned off the pants good enough but Now I am thinking he got the fungus from either the snails or the one of the plants. I put him in QT to treat him with salt, but I may have to you fungus cure yet again if that did not do the trick.

I am hoping that I don't have to throw away ALL of my plants in that tank now. x_x what do you think? is there anything out there that I can add in the tank to kill off any fungus but to not kill the plants and the one nitrite snail in the tank?
Tree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 10:18 PM   #10462 
carlos puron

I like those lilies and now I want one too bad I can't figure where to put them but I would like to have one on each tank would they work with led?

Tree about the snails petco has something to kill them they offered it to me but I would kill my shrimp too so maybe you can ask and for the plants I've heard that people quarantine them in a small tank I've never tried it I hope someone can help you more with that
carlos puron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 10:24 PM   #10463 
Tree

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlos puron View Post
I like those lilies and now I want one too bad I can't figure where to put them but I would like to have one on each tank would they work with led?

Tree about the snails petco has something to kill them they offered it to me but I would kill my shrimp too so maybe you can ask and for the plants I've heard that people quarantine them in a small tank I've never tried it I hope someone can help you more with that

they are pretty aren't they? I cannot wait for mine to come in the mail tomorrow or friday! I hope the cold wont shock the plants. I live in MN. =O

I took out the four snails, I only seen four at least. the one snails died as my betta tried to eat it and the other snails are in my QT for now, maybe I will let them grow up and see what kind they are. They look like they have horn shells. =D
Old 12-04-2013, 10:31 PM   #10464 
carlos puron

Yes they look pretty cool they wouldn't have problems in my big tank but I also want them in my 5 gal

Well it has happened to me I bought some plants that came with snails but they were pond snails I just saw two on that moment and got them out nnext week they were like 40 I got as much as I could but they kept on coming I didn't used what they offered me at petco cause of my shrimps so I was getting them out as I could I didn't know but when I bought my two clown loaches they disappeared my big boys had a great lunch for about two days:)
carlos puron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 10:37 PM   #10465 
Tree

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlos puron View Post
Yes they look pretty cool they wouldn't have problems in my big tank but I also want them in my 5 gal

Well it has happened to me I bought some plants that came with snails but they were pond snails I just saw two on that moment and got them out nnext week they were like 40 I got as much as I could but they kept on coming I didn't used what they offered me at petco cause of my shrimps so I was getting them out as I could I didn't know but when I bought my two clown loaches they disappeared my big boys had a great lunch for about two days:)

Aw man! sucks! D= I will watch for any signs of more snails in the tank. maybe they are the tiny ones. I did have to take out the gravel to clean it so I am sure they "might" be all gone...might. x_x I sure hope so.
Old 12-05-2013, 07:03 AM   #10466 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Check your filter too if you have one, they like to hide and eat in the filter.

I'm sorry about your boy though

So I went home yesterday and my lily has nearly quadrupled in size I've had it for a while now but for some reason all my plants are bursting with growth right now and I haven't even done anything to them lol. I'll see if I can get a picture when I get out of class today. And the weather shouldn't shock your plants Tree, she packs them super well in news paper and then in some soft insulation, and usually the newspaper plants are in a bag as well so she knows how to pack her plants
lilnaugrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 10:40 AM   #10467 
ChassidyH

Hi there! I'm new to the site, just wanted to show off the little dudes new 5gal. Sadly, I've only recently been educated on the whole tank situation, so he was living in less than a gallon for the first 3 months I had him. He's very active though, and seems to be healthy, minus his little bit of fin rot he has but I'm hoping the new set up and weekly water changes with AQ salt and stress coat will help that.
ChassidyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 12:18 PM   #10468 
Tree

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilnaugrim View Post
Check your filter too if you have one, they like to hide and eat in the filter.

I'm sorry about your boy though

So I went home yesterday and my lily has nearly quadrupled in size I've had it for a while now but for some reason all my plants are bursting with growth right now and I haven't even done anything to them lol. I'll see if I can get a picture when I get out of class today. And the weather shouldn't shock your plants Tree, she packs them super well in news paper and then in some soft insulation, and usually the newspaper plants are in a bag as well so she knows how to pack her plants
Ooh good point with the filter. I cleaned that up as well. I was lucky enough to have my tank still cycled after all of that cleaning. I checked everything and it seems to be still normal. Oh and I am treating him now, he acts normal and eats like a PIG so I think he will be alright. ^^

OMG! I am so excited then for my plant to come and bloom like mad Hahaha! that's good to hear about how she cares for the plants!

ChassidyH: amazing tank and beautiful Betta! <3 I love your layout.
Old 12-05-2013, 01:13 PM   #10469 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tree View Post
Ooh good point with the filter. I cleaned that up as well. I was lucky enough to have my tank still cycled after all of that cleaning.
Oh! And just another note for everyone. When cleaning your filter, ALWAYS use conditioned water to clean your filter media and everything so that your bacteria can stay alive and continue your cycle. You cycle crashing would be the last thing you want to happen!
lilnaugrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 03:17 AM   #10470 
Tanya1983

Barnaby's Digs

Barnaby recently upgraded to a 1.5 gallon cube. He shares spacious apartment with a pair of nerite snails.
I plan on adding some live plants in the next few weeks. Just haven't decided. Thinking of some wisteria.

Name:  PC050009.jpg
Views: 544
Size:  36.5 KB

Name:  PC050001.jpg
Size:  40.5 KB

Name:  PC050014 (2).jpg
Size:  63.0 KB

Name:  PC050006.jpg
Views: 545
Size:  57.5 KB
Tanya1983 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aquarium, arteries, arteriestagiscreepnmeout, bettathanyou, do the harlem shake!!!, dyingoflaughteroverhere, glory werz here!:b, lols, macgyver was here, tank