Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-30-2010, 09:48 PM   #21 
xxabc

If it's bacterial bloom, then no. It should subside after a few days or so. I had to completely stop doing water changes for about a week (I was still cycling) to make it go away, because everytime I did a change, it came back. HOWEVER< I'm not sure this is the correct method. I never had it again, and it's been months, so I don't really know. But again, it's not harmful.

If it's conditioner, either make sure you're doing it right...but I still don't get why they're so cloudy lately? Try changing conditioners (make sure you can return it if it doesn't work). I recommend Seachem Prime.

Last edited by xxabc; 03-30-2010 at 09:56 PM.
xxabc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 09:54 PM   #22 
xxabc

kingb, not all water changes stress little fish, I always keep mine in and they're uber-duber fine! HOWEVER, after a water change, watch for his color, and how he acts after a water change. Sometimes bettas act dead because they can't handle it. If your betta still has healthy coloring, and just swims as normal, then he should be fine.
Old 03-30-2010, 10:46 PM   #23 
dramaqueen
Banned

I think dirty water will stress them out more than changing the water will.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 11:22 PM   #24 
xxabc

I agree with dramaqueen.
Old 03-31-2010, 09:04 AM   #25 
kingb

thanks guys and gals, today i'll do another 50% water change and on the weekend do a complete water change. he does seem better but i sometimes see him just resting at the bottom of the tank ( which still freaks me out a bit ) but as soon as i stand in front of the tank he comes up and starts swimming around. i read somewhere that its recommended you should leave a fasting day for your betta and also once a week feed him a pea ( its supposed to help clean his stomach ) is this true?? anyone know about this???
kingb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 09:21 AM   #26 
dramaqueen
Banned

Daphnia is a more natural alternative to peas. Most of us fast our bettas once a week to help clear out their digestive tracts.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 09:23 AM   #27 
honeyfish

kingb, I'm not 100% sure, but I think I've read that peas are bad for betta's digestive system. From what I understand, it tears them up inside. But I've also read a lot about people feeding bettas peas and it making them better, so I'm not sure.
honeyfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 10:27 AM   #28 
kingb

amazing how little i know about bettas, im surprised my little guy is still with me anyway thank you all for your help. as for the peas, thanks for the heads up honeyfish, i read that it was good for them but i better not risk it so i'll go with dramaqueens option.
kingb is offline   Reply With Quote