Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-30-2010, 09:07 PM   #21 
BettaxFishxCrazy

That's way too much food. They shouldn't get anymore than 6 pellets a day. Their stomachs are the size of their eye so it's VERY small. Why do you have them go so long without food? They can go a couple weeks without food, but it's not recommended if they are eating.
BettaxFishxCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 09:53 PM   #22 
Kaisa

well i just feed them by judging their bellies. they get enough to get nice big round bellies then i usually don't feed till it goes down... this new guy doesn't count though because im still getting to know him. ive only had him since sunday. he is VERY active so its probably not a big deal for him to be so big
Kaisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 09:01 AM   #23 
BettaxFishxCrazy

Don't worry about it, I'm not attacking you.lol The point is though, is that they should never have a big belly. When you overfeed or the pellets aren't soft enough when they eat them, they'll expand in the fishes stomach. This can lead to health issues if he doesn't pass it in his poop. Bloating means that they are constipated. By all means, do what you feel is good for you fish, but I felt like I should warn you against feeding that much because it can hurt them in the end. My fish always look like they're starved when I go near their tanks, but that's like with humans. Kids loveeee candy, but you know that it's not good for them to have a lot of it.
Old 03-31-2010, 01:20 PM   #24 
Kaisa

thanks for all the help

i am going to try my hardest to change my ways since everyone thinks it's so bad but it's how i been doing it for 4 years and never had a problem. Sparkie has never gotten bloated or sick in his 4 years with me so how bad can it really be
Kaisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 02:14 PM   #25 
mysquishy

Wow, he is awesome. Yeah, cut down how many pellets you give him. My boys beg too but I still have to control how much they eat.
mysquishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 07:09 PM   #26 
BettaxFishxCrazy

You're welcome. Just be careful. :)