Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-30-2010, 05:03 PM   #11 
brancasterr

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that's what is going on. When ever I put my hand in front of the tank he doesn't do it but when I take it away he does. I already have a java fern in there. Do they grow at all?

I'm pretty sure thats what it is. I put my hands up to the tank and he stopped doing it and then when I removed my hands he continued. I don't want him to stress himself out. I already have a java fern in there. Do those grow any?

Last edited by dramaqueen; 03-30-2010 at 08:35 PM.
brancasterr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 07:08 PM   #12 
xxabc

By "nuts", does he swim back and forth really really fast?
As long as he's not crashing into the tank, it's fine.

My betta does this every single day. He seems me, and swims up to the side of the tank I'm at and swims back and forth, back and forth, back and forth (because he's excited).

I put my finger up and he stops. Why? He thinks I have food, whatadork, hahaha. It's normal, this is how I love to play with them. You set up your finger, they stop. You move it, they follow. You move it back, they follow back. It's a great way to play with them . He's just paying close attention to your finger.

Only one of mine doesn't do it, because he's too busy swimming back and forth for food, haha.

He's not stressed, he just wants to play (or so, my case is). And I still don't think it's ick, lol. Ick is more 3-d and sticking off of his body, rather than flat little white spots. But they do tend to look like salt and/or sugar.
xxabc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 07:52 PM   #13 
brancasterr

Yeah, I think I've abolished the ick scare. I was just nervous. Haha. Anyways, by nuts I do mean swimming back and forth, a points he would thrash near the tank as if he was trying to escape. But like I said he does stop when I put my hand near. I think I was just being a little bit too careful. I know I went nuts and posted this in many different places. Haha.
brancasterr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 08:31 PM   #14 
xxabc

Haha it's okay :) But he sounds like your normal, healthy betta
xxabc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 10:19 PM   #15 
FuulieQ

Mine does that sometimes too, thrashing around near the side of the tank, rubbing his nose against it. I wondered if that was just him, or a normal thing. I feel a little better now. XD
FuulieQ is offline   Reply With Quote