Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-07-2013, 11:16 PM   #1 
futbol1

Ugh-dead stinkbug found in my betta's bowl!

These bugs-I HATE them! Of all the flippin places in my living room for this thing to land, it happened to be right into the bowl of my favorite 3 year old Betta, Bluey!!

It must have been there since this morning, because I smelled the darn thing, but I couldn't find where it was. Then we were out all night, and just got home. I just happened to look into Bluey's bowl, and there it was, floating on top in the corner, and Bluey was actually sniffing at it, very curiously!! I just did an emergency 100% water change again even though I just did all my bowls on Thursday.

Does anyone know if this will hurt him at all? Might he get sick from it? He seems perfectly fine now, but this isn't like an innocent gnat or something. These things are huge, and give off an obnoxious odor that I'm sure leeched into Bluey's water!! I LOVE this fish, he's a sweety and my favorite!!
futbol1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 11:19 PM   #2 
MattsBettas
Reference Team

Bettas naturally EAT all sorts of bugs... I'm sure he will be fine.
MattsBettas is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 11:38 PM   #3 
futbol1

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattsBettas View Post
Bettas naturally EAT all sorts of bugs... I'm sure he will be fine.
Whew, thanks!! He probably thought it was a treat I put in there for him, and I know with 100% certainty that he tried to eat some of it, because he has a voracious appetite. I doubt that he liked it though, because it has been in there all day and most of it was intact when I dumped it out.

Thanks again!
futbol1 is offline   Reply With Quote