Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-31-2010, 01:30 PM   #11 
vervada

Location: Home is Philadelphia, PA; School is the University of Rhode Island in Kingston, RI.
The white patches have gone away!!! YAY!

His eye still looks a little swollen but again hasn't gotten any worse.

I don't use BetaFix by API. I have a different treatment that I believe is called BettaMax. It's blue and comes in a little fishy-shaped dropper bottle. I can't seem to find it online to make sure thats actually the name and I threw out the label because I know the dosing instructions by heart and I live in a dorm room - anything that takes up unnecessary space has to go. I was told by the guy I bought it from that he uses it on all the Bettas in the store whenever they show signs of any bacterial or fungal illness and it works 99% of the time. It seems to be working for whatever was growing on my fishy's back, too.

I plan on going to my local pet store (a family owned store, not a chain. The people there are really passionate about animals and the guy in the fish department is very knowledgeable. If your fish doesn't get better with the treatment they give you, you can bring a sample of water in and they will test it for you!) and see what they have to say as soon as the roads here open up again.

Thank you everybody again for your help.
vervada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 03:04 PM   #12 
vaygirl

Betta Revive. I have it too but I've never used it.
vaygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 12:03 AM   #13 
dramaqueen
Banned

I thought I read somewhere that the company that makes BettaMax went out of business. I don't know how true this is.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 01:46 AM   #14 
vervada

Location: Home is Philadelphia, PA; School is the University of Rhode Island in Kingston, RI.
Yes! It is Betta Revive. Thank you!
I was also recommended BettaMax, which is probably why I switched them up.

The Betta Revive is working well, though I think my fishy is starting to get stressed from the small tank. I'm going to move him back tomorrow despite the difficulty in dosing.
vervada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 04:28 PM   #15 
vaygirl

Betta Revive comes from Hikari, or at least it says so on the packaging. It's neomycin sulfate, methylene blue, malachite green chloride, and cyanocobalamin.
vaygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 02:31 AM   #16 
Bettalover1

I just lost my king to Columnaris today. He was a about a year and a half old. I loved him to death. He got it after I had added him to my community tank, I removed him and it got worse. So my Dad was going to go to the pet store to get meds since I was in class. And he died right before he left. I was heartbroken, and still am. His name was Lestat Delioncourt.
Bettalover1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 02:51 PM   #17 
dramaqueen
Banned

I'm so sorry about Lestat! RIP.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fin rot, fungus, nitrite poisoning, pop-eye