Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-30-2010, 12:24 AM   #1 
diavids

betta falx

hello,
does anyone here have experience with this fish. Bought one today. i have a couple regular beta (male in 2 gal bowl and female in a 20 gal community setup) i put the falx in a 2 1/2 gal tank with an seasoned sponge type filter, some driftwood, live plants and river stones, also added some almond leaves. What else does this tank need, i haven't added a heater yet, as my place is always warm, my betta bowl is currently at 80f , i did read that the falx betta perfers water a bit cooler than the normal beta. Like the regular beta would the falx betta be fine on its own, should i switch out the riverstones for sand? right now the ph is 6.6.thanks for listening. dianne
diavids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 12:08 AM   #2 
diavids

okay obviously no one has experience with this type of beta. Sigh. the ph was raised when i checked it today, so i switched out the riverstones for sand from another of my tanks. Added a small heater. thanks for looking
Old 03-31-2010, 12:46 AM   #3 
xxabc

Could you update us while keeping your betta falx? (Like pictures)? I know I'm interested, but sorry I have absolutely no experience with them at all. But I still find them really interesting, like the betta simplex and whatnot. :)
xxabc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 10:37 PM   #4 
diavids

here is a picture of my new betta. he has really coloured up even though you can't tell from this picture. Please excuse the flash bouncing off the glass, but you can get an idea of what he looks like (or her, not sure what sex the fish is). So far the fish has settled in, i have added an elite mini filter and small heater, some plants , a few cherry shrimp for clean up crew. Mr fishy is very active, so far a bit picky with dry food but will eat the frozen blood worms. dianne