Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-04-2010, 11:19 PM   #81 
Brains

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthMaul View Post
well, i presoaked ONE pellet and fed him an hour ago and he has yet to bloat like the last 2 times. can this be explained?
I think when you soak the pellet you're getting excess air out of the pellet. If you feed your fish a non soaked pellet then that air is released in your fish's stomach which makes it swim funny. Some fish can handle it, and some are really sensitive to it. But I think most people advise soaking betta food before feeding. Correct me if I am wrong, I am still learning haha.

Last edited by Brains; 04-04-2010 at 11:20 PM. Reason: spelling
Brains is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 11:24 PM   #82 
DarthMaul
Banned

mm makes sense and i am going by what has happened this week. since monday, he was bloated twice when he was fed ONE pellet... and both times was gone with in hours. I presoak a pellet earlier tonight, feed him and still NO bloating...=]
DarthMaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 12:17 AM   #83 
soleilvie

Are you WuGolfer07?
soleilvie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 12:25 AM   #84 
DarthMaul
Banned

does not matter if i am or not. I am not fighting, calling names or attacking anyone. Just merely trying to get to the bottom of this
Old 04-05-2010, 12:31 AM   #85 
soleilvie

It was just an observation, as you both appear to have the same demanding and disrespectful attitude toward people trying to help you on here.
soleilvie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 07:03 AM   #86 
DarthMaul
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by soleilvie View Post
It was just an observation, as you both appear to have the same demanding and disrespectful attitude toward people trying to help you on here.
You know what buddy? I could defend myself on that garbage you just spewed out, but I'll let the thread do that for me :) I've been around long enough where i know if I did DISRESPECT someone they or a mod would have warned me by now. I can't help that I actually care about my betta gets the CORRECT treatment ( which I have yet to be told, meds OR natural?) if it's meds, WHAT meds? I today is exactly 7 days of him having salt and also since I got him. Since the max for salt use seems to be 10 days, what do I doin 3 days? :(
Old 04-05-2010, 07:22 AM   #87 
DarthMaul
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brains View Post
I think when you soak the pellet you're getting excess air out of the pellet. If you feed your fish a non soaked pellet then that air is released in your fish's stomach which makes it swim funny. Some fish can handle it, and some are really sensitive to it. But I think most people advise soaking betta food before feeding. Correct me if I am wrong, I am still learning haha.
He has yet to bloat after getting a presoaked pellet last and his swimming is fine :) SBD = ruled out! I am going to get that stuff I was reccomened to get to add to his diet :)
Old 04-05-2010, 06:03 PM   #88 
vaygirl

Most fish stores have frozen food in a freezer somewhere in the fish section. Petco has it here and so does Petsmart. You can find frozen Daphnia there. You could also try giving him a frozen mysis shrimp every now and then. You'll find them in the same freezer. I've read that the exoskeletons of mysis shrimp help provide fiber that helps them poo if they constantly have trouble. And mine totally love it.

Maybe you should try finding an exotic pet veterinarian in your area if he continues to have problems. Sometimes you can bring the fish in for a diagnosis.
vaygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 06:05 PM   #89 
DarthMaul
Banned

good ideas =]
Old 04-05-2010, 07:45 PM   #90 
DarthMaul
Banned

it looks like the presoaking of one pellet is working very well! He has yet to bloat now that i am presoaking. I just feel bad for him, i feel he is being under fed =[ Tomorrow, i will presoak 2 pellets and see if the guy can handle it. I sure hope so =[ b/c ONE soaked pellet in the morning and ONE at night, is a lame diet and i am sure he would agree haha