Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Compatibility
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-06-2010, 04:58 PM   #11 
tahbi

I bought 6 neons. And yeah, I was thinking of giving the CAE back after he got a little too big or if I started to see aggression but I've decided I'll bring him back wednesday when I get the plants. I already saw him nip at my betta's tail-fin. I have it on video actually.

So yep. Not sure about the zebras now. I read on google and wiki that they are more likely to fin-nip so I guess I won't get those. Thanks puddin. :)

The guy who owns the pet store doesn't have shrimp or snails, only the corys, CAEs, and maybe otos, but I'm not sure about the otos. So I'll wait to get anymore "cleaner" type creatures. He said he's going to try getting some shrimp soon. :)

I just read up about "cycling" tanks. Had no clue about that before. I'm extremely new to fish keeping, but I hope my fish will be alright. I only waited 24 hours to let the tank get setup and stuff before adding them. I'll be bringing a water sample to the pet store wednesday though so it can be tested. A little off topic there, but yeah. And thanks hamfist! I'll look into those corys if the guy takes too long to get some shrimp. :P

And pictures will definitely come soon! Along with some videos. :)
tahbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 08:01 PM   #12 
DragonFish

Yup, sounds like a good plan. I've heard some CAE horror stories, and have seen a few VERY large ones at my LPS.

Yeah, in your tank now there isn't room for anything more besides a few shrimp, a 10 gallon is too small to have more then one small school of schoolers(which Zebras are). But definitely wait a few months before getting shrimp, and don't get them if they're too expensive.....theres a chance your betta might eat them. Some Bettas leave them alone, but others will go after them in the blink of an eye. but with shrimp, you usually never know what your betta will do until you at them.

Lets se....ah! Here is a good thread on fish-in cycling, very helpful. You'll definitely want to pick up your own test kit, and make sure its the liquid dropper kind, the strips are inaccurate. Its a total must to have a test kit on hand, saves a lot of trips to the pet store during cycling and if something goes wrong you have it right there.....it can be a life saver.

But don't feel bad, I knew nothing about cycling coming into the hobby either xD I'm sure most didn't either, , but thats what we here on the forum are here for, to help one another ;)

xD Can't wait for pictures and videos!!
DragonFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 08:29 PM   #13 
tahbi

Ah, thanks so much for that link! Very helpful. <3 I'll definitely pick up some test kits tomorrow since I'll be going back to get some live plants. :) Which speaking of live plants, I need to do some research on them too to keep them alive!

Thanks everyone for helping me! <3
Old 04-06-2010, 08:46 PM   #14 
DragonFish

Sure thing xD Glad to help! Best of luck, and can't wait for pictures! <3
DragonFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 09:47 PM   #15 
tahbi

Posted a pic and a video in the pictures board. :]

Tags
10 gallon tank, betta, companions, fish, fishy!!, oto