Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-07-2010, 02:54 PM   #21 
1fish2fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishmadcraig View Post

I personally wouldn't worry about whether its cycled or not, anything under 10 gallons wont really benefit from being "cycled" anyways.

It surely would benefit. I have tanks that are 2.5 gallons and up that are cycled and the fish definitely do benefit from not having to go through 100% water chagnes and not having to worry about ammonia posioning if I skip a water change.
1fish2fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 03:12 PM   #22 
fishmadcraig

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1fish2fish View Post
It surely would benefit. I have tanks that are 2.5 gallons and up that are cycled and the fish definitely do benefit from not having to go through 100% water chagnes and not having to worry about ammonia posioning if I skip a water change.
Oh yeah there's certainly that, but i meant pro's and cons between uncycled and cycled in this particular situation. The amount of extra work and chance of there being some kind of parasite based disease would surely be quiet high considering the fact that its had 2 goldfish in it? Unless they really know what there doing and were VERY consistent with daily water changes i would stay away from it.
fishmadcraig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 03:20 PM   #23 
kelly528

I doubt the potential costs of not completely sterilising the tank outweigh the benefits but yes, in general I would say that it is extremely beneficial to cycle a tank of any size. I would encourage the OP to give the tank a good clean and cycle it from scratch.
kelly528 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 06:53 PM   #24 
Quinn

Yeah if the idea is to cycle it from scratch I'd rather just buy a new tank considering its a biOrb and may be harder to clean. I was wondering purely so I wouldn't HAVE to cycle.

Thanks guys!
Quinn is offline   Reply With Quote