Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-06-2010, 10:22 PM   #11 
Sella

Staples might laminate things for you?
Sella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 10:54 PM   #12 
ecoprincess

Sharpie? LOL

Sorry. :D
ecoprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 11:23 PM   #13 
puddin

I've heard of someone using a black plastic garbage bag stretched tight over something??? Sorry can't remember the details of how they got the wrinkle lines out of the bag. Hope it helps!
puddin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 11:44 PM   #14 
Brains

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noko View Post
A black trash bag might work! That is, if you want it to shine a little.
I've used a black trash bag as a background before :). IMO it doesn't look half bad at all. You can either smooth it out or you can leave it ruffly. Either way it'll look nice.
Brains is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 08:36 AM   #15 
herbwin

For a small tank, posterboard would be easiest. I would not bother laminating, it would be cheaper just to replace it once in a while as it becomes waterstained. Black vinyl, perhaps cut from a shower curtain, could be a good waterproof idea.

If you are not planning on changing colors, black paint would give the best results.
Posted via Mobile Device
herbwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 09:26 AM   #16 
Vikki81207

I just used spray paint. I put the fishies in cups and tore the tanks completely down, took the tank outside and sprayed the back. I taped plastic to the sides so it didn't get on any other part of the tank.
Vikki81207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 03:33 PM   #17 
Starbright

I have a 2.5 gallon so I took a piece of photo paper and printed out a picture and taped it to the back of my tank! It's been in tact for a year now and water hasn't ruined it yet! How big is your tank?
Starbright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 03:57 PM   #18 
secuono

I have a roll of childrens tan coloring paper. I just cut it to fit(fits 55s perfectly) and painted the paper black with acrylic paint. It has gotten wet some a few time, but is totally fine. Unless you are making huge messes with water, paper should be fine. You can also use either electrical tape or painting tape and easily take the background off if need be.
secuono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 04:03 PM   #19 
Tinthalas Tigris

I would revisit those "Ocean Backgrounds" that you are so against.

The back of them is ussually either Dark Blue, or black.

Myself, I was originally against the idea of those "Aquascape" backgrounds, very much so. My LFS had a Black on one-side, Blue Gradient on the other that I liked alot. I purchased it for $2.50 for my 10 gallon.

Exactly what I wanted, but now that I've had it up for a while, I really wish I got one of those with an artificial aquascape behind it.

I currently am using the blue side. It took a little effort to fit it properly (trimming, coating with oil, rubbing out all the bubbles with a credit card).
Tinthalas Tigris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 06:39 PM   #20 
xxabc

Oh, they stick against the back? Interesting. Didn't know that, lol. For all the ones I've seen so far, I've only seen blue backs, but I will revisit on my next trip.

These are all REALLY interesting ideas. I'll probably not paint it though, I like change and my impulses my change over time, haha. The black trash back is also interesting, I have plenty of that.

Thanks, guys !
xxabc is offline   Reply With Quote