Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish
Closed Thread

Old 12-13-2013, 01:24 PM   #61 
Romad
TFK Moderator

Why not do the right thing anyway? When you return the heater, show them the receipt and tell them that they forgot to charge you for the fish.

So while I think you were right to give that fish a better life, taking it was wrong.

You have to live with your actions and that's the reason that you should do the right thing. Not for the fish department who should be ashamed of the conditions they keep the fish in.
Old 12-13-2013, 05:40 PM   #62 
SunshineSulie

So, uh... How is the fish?
Old 12-13-2013, 09:21 PM   #63 
dramaqueen
Banned

I agree with the person who said research should be done about people who get angry on the Internet. It's partly because they can't see who's behind the screen. A lot of people are shy or have social anxiety and would never have the guts to say stuff to people face to face but sure aren't shy on the Internet.
Old 12-13-2013, 09:22 PM   #64 
dramaqueen
Banned

I'd like to see some pics. He's going to be gorgeous!
Old 12-13-2013, 09:27 PM   #65 
DerangedUnicorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by dramaqueen View Post
I agree with the person who said research should be done about people who get angry on the Internet. It's partly because they can't see who's behind the screen. A lot of people are shy or have social anxiety and would never have the guts to say stuff to people face to face but sure aren't shy on the Internet.
That was me. :) I understand that people will say stuff over the internet because they have the cover of being anonymous, but I feel like they not only let whatever they are feeling out, this seem to feel even more passionately about an issue when they are arguing over the internet. I don't think people feel nearly as passionate about something when they are arguing about it in person. Maybe the fact that they CAN say whatever they want on the internet feeds fuel to the fire. Who knows.l

& everyone who asked for pictures, I will try to post some tomorrow. I am really busy today trying to finish up final projects for school. I shouldn't even be on this forum right now.
Old 12-13-2013, 09:30 PM   #66 
DerangedUnicorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romad View Post
Why not do the right thing anyway? When you return the heater, show them the receipt and tell them that they forgot to charge you for the fish.

So while I think you were right to give that fish a better life, taking it was wrong.

You have to live with your actions and that's the reason that you should do the right thing. Not for the fish department who should be ashamed of the conditions they keep the fish in.
You know, that seems like such a simple solution...Why hasn't anyone thought about that until now? Good idea. I'll do that. I think that's the best way to make everyone happy. Thanks.

BTW, I LOVE your signature. Animal testing is something that's a hard topic for me. I'm a psych major, so a lot of my knowledge about it has come from animal testing, but on the other hand, I can't really think about it without crying. So, seeing that quote helps bring a little humor into a very dark, touchy subject. Thanks. :)
Old 12-14-2013, 05:15 PM   #67 
Laki

I know exactly why people feel safe online. Anonymity. It's like breaking up through text. Since almost 80-90% of human communication is non-verbal, when you're not face to face there's no need to conceal or phrase things to save face or protect others. Also, it's incredibly hard to gauge intonation. Intonation is huge.
Old 12-15-2013, 12:40 PM   #68 
DerangedUnicorn

For those of you who wanted updated pictures, I have created a journal for all my fish here which includes pictures from today of Tie-Dye. Thanks!
Old 12-15-2013, 02:07 PM   #69 
dramaqueen
Banned

Tie Dye is so pretty! He really ought to spread his fins out more. Lol If he only knew how beautiful he is when he does that.
Old 12-15-2013, 06:50 PM   #70 
AAquarist

I really love his coloration! I must say, the story I love to. I don't think what you did makes you a bad person. I think your emotions simply took over! Thanks for saving the little guy. He'll be happy with you and he has a really nice color for sure. Perfect name.
Closed Thread