Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Meet the Betta Keepers
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-06-2013, 07:17 PM   #1 
CarCarGoVroom

Solution to the so called problem...

I'm Carley, I am 22 years old and a full time vet tech student new to the fish keeping world of wonders.

So it all started when I brought a critter keeper home 6 months ago trying to convince my boyfriend to let me take a few baby land snails home form a co-worker who's snail had laid eggs. With all the asking and showing I would take responsibility for them he said no. The critter keeper sat empty for 3 months and continued to "cause a problem" because I kept asking to get something to put in it. Well I solved my problem one day,while my boyfriend was at work, and went and bought a betta fish(Pico), some gravel, a heater and some plants. Needless to my boyfriend was beyond pissed and the next few things I did didn't help. A week later I brought home a 1gal because I didn't like the lighting on the 1gal critter keeper and it didn't end there. 2 weeks later I brought home a 2.5gal and another betta(Meter.) Pico went into the new tank and Meter went into the 1gal. So all was fine and dandy because my boyfriend saw that I was really happy with my new tanks and desired not to harp on me anymore, well 2 weeks ago he came home to a 10gal tank and third betta(Quark.)
CarCarGoVroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 08:19 PM   #2 
registereduser

Good for you. Why would you have to OBEY someone you aren't even married to? Why would he even try to control what you do?
registereduser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 09:45 PM   #3 
preternaturalism

Is she living in his house?
preternaturalism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 09:49 PM   #4 
CarCarGoVroom

I've lived with him for 3 years. It's his parents house and we live in a cramped basement. It was more of his parents saying no more new heart beats. At least his mom said the fish were okay because before she went through chemo she had a fish tank. Sadly she gave it away because she didn't have energy to take care of her oscars. We brought a dog with us when my Bf was laid off and we couldn't stay in the apartment and his mom wasn't to happy about the dog.

Last edited by CarCarGoVroom; 12-06-2013 at 09:51 PM.
Old 12-06-2013, 09:51 PM   #5 
dramaqueen
Banned

I don't think it matters. Things have settled down and he got a tank and betta. lol Hello and welcome to the forum, Carley.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 04:43 PM   #6 
BlueLacee

Location: Colorado Rockies, the Land of Skiing, Festivals, and Incredibly Rich
hahaha, its contagious. Another victim of the betta bug
BlueLacee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 04:45 PM   #7 
BlueLacee

Location: Colorado Rockies, the Land of Skiing, Festivals, and Incredibly Rich
I don't know it I wrote victim (like a pill of good for you stuff) or victim (like a victim of a crash), I'm dyslexic
BlueLacee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 07:00 PM   #8 
dramaqueen
Banned

I think we're all victims of the betta bug. Lol
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 07:48 PM   #9 
Chachi

Welcome to the forum!
Chachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 09:14 AM   #10 
CarCarGoVroom

I defiantly got the betta bug. I tell my boyfriend once we have our own place with a basement, he can have one half for his music studio equipment and DJ stuff and I can have the other half as my fish room. At least he starting to warm up to the idea of a decorative saltwater tank in the living room. So much researching I have to do for that so I might do a planted fresh water, since I want live coral in the saltwater. I even have a family member that said I can have their 150 gal. saltwater tank with all it's equipment, since it hasn't been used in 12 years. They never even set it up and it was a gift from their son.