Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-07-2010, 03:20 PM   #971 
Starbright

I have that Petco 2G Hextank as well! It's inhabitant passed away a few months ago so it's been laying empty on my floor and it's killing me to not plop a new betta in!! Argh my mother won't let me set up another tank =.=

Anyways, beautiful tank (:
Starbright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 04:27 PM   #972 
Tinthalas Tigris

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaylorKennedy View Post

I am leery about those pots.

I use the terra cotta pots in my tank, but I highly recommend either covering up those bottom holes, or hollowing out the bottoms completely.

My favorite betta got stuck in one of those holes, and it was heartwrenching trying to get the poor fella out of it and even worse trying to nurse it back to health only to have it die after 3 days of nursing it.

Terrible, terrible feeling. PLEASE cover those holes up with something.
Tinthalas Tigris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 05:11 PM   #973 
honeyfish

Here's my Andrew's tank. I'm kind of afraid it might be a little overcrowded, but he was practically begging for it, since he wouldn't stop biting his tail until I put in the plants on the left side and the pink thingy in the middle. Now he seems happy as a clam and I haven't noticed him biting his tail anymore. Hopefully that solved the tail biting problem?? But in any order, this is his tank.
Attached Images

honeyfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 06:46 PM   #974 
xxabc

The drawings are absolutely adorable, haha. Crowding a betta's tank with plants really seems helpful with stress and territorial-ness (IME). Proved successful for me too, my bettas finally began to swim like crazy :)
xxabc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 06:59 PM   #975 
honeyfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxabc View Post
The drawings are absolutely adorable, haha. Crowding a betta's tank with plants really seems helpful with stress and territorial-ness (IME). Proved successful for me too, my bettas finally began to swim like crazy :)
Thanks! A friend of mine came over and drew all over the tank for me. I was a little worried that I overdid it with the plants, but Andrew seems to love it. He's swimming around a lot more now, so hopefully I'll see his tail start to grow back soon!! =]
honeyfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 07:20 PM   #976 
doggyhog

Looks great!!!

I love the drawings too! I wouldn't have the courage to do that though!
doggyhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 07:24 PM   #977 
bloo97

Cool

Dragon's tank!100_2874.jpg
Attached Images

bloo97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 01:59 AM   #978 
GothicKDM

Im new here, but this was my tank XD it was a 2.5 gallon, and when i put in a larger air bubbler, my fist on the left was having too hard of a time with the current. I also decided to upgrade to a ten gallon, since I want to get two more and make my tank divided.
GothicKDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 02:04 PM   #979 
CataclysmKitten

Very nice, Gothic. Your bettas are gorgeous
CataclysmKitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 12:05 AM   #980 
Starbright

I noticed my little guy was hiding in the single middle plant I had for him and wouldn't come out for anything... So I went out and got some silk plants, changed the too-warm heater and saw an immediate change!! He's swimming all over now! I'm so excited that I get to see Ponyo happy and all over the tank :D

I plan on rearranging the plants so it looks prettier ^^

Starbright is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aquarium, arteries, arteriestagiscreepnmeout, bettathanyou, do the harlem shake!!!, dyingoflaughteroverhere, glory werz here!:b, lols, macgyver was here, tank