Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-12-2013, 12:12 AM   #1 
harleraven

New marble crowntail :D

I went into my LFS to get a pleco for my community tank, and I ended up walking out with this guy, too. I knew I was getting another betta soon (had a 2.5 gal set up for one). If I had another tank ready, I'd have bought the dragonscale that kept trying to convince me he was the one, too. I always end up coming out with exactly what I say I DON'T want. Last time it was a doubletail, this time it's a marble. Apparently whatever I say I will never get is exactly what I will always get.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1DKUsoDqUMg - Video of him :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3k3NqwBA4Yk - Video number 2 (a little closer)

He seems so happy in his tank! ^_^ He's really curious about everything, too.
harleraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 08:56 PM   #2 
tiinykat

Very pretty! Crowntails are my favorite! May I suggest a sponge on that filter? They're a few dollars but calm the current down and will prevent him from getting sucked to it. I had that tank before and my Betta was exhausted from the intake.
tiinykat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 12:35 AM   #3 
Tree

what a beaut! I love his pectoral fins and how they have color! 8D
Tree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 02:08 AM   #4 
harleraven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tree View Post
what a beaut! I love his pectoral fins and how they have color! 8D
Thank you! :D He really is! <3 He totally won me over at my LSF (obviously, since I came home with him!). My husband likes marbles, but I'm usually not much of a fan. He's just a very special little fishie. :) I was looking at three different ones, and he said he liked this guy best. I am not one to be swayed by his opinion, but he had a very good eye this time. LOL. I can't stop watching him swim around. He loves to flare (he's doing it right now), now that he has settled in! Neither of my other boys care about flaring. I even put them next to each other, just because I was trying to see how Weasley's tail ended up growing out. Weasley swam over and looked, and Crackle didn't even do more than look bored. LOL. I'm pretty sure Crackle is the laziest betta in the world, unless food is involved. Then, suddenly, he turns into Shamu.

I LOVE my LFS so much. They always have the coolest bettas, and since they are actually taken care of well, I can really see their personalities and colour before I decide which one to bring home. It's dangerous going to the betta area, though. I always want more. xD I was warned that bettas were potato chip fish. It started with one for the community tank. Then I thought, "One more small tank won't hurt..." Now I'm up to three, and I was wishing for a fourth tank to take home a gorgeous dragonscale that was being sassy. xD

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiinykat View Post
Very pretty! Crowntails are my favorite! May I suggest a sponge on that filter? They're a few dollars but calm the current down and will prevent him from getting sucked to it. I had that tank before and my Betta was exhausted from the intake.
I bought the tank from a member here who actually did something with the filter that has the current to almost nothing. It's actually less current than my community tank, which does have a sponge on it. He's having no trouble swimming around at all. :) He can pretty much just float right in the middle of the tank without being moved at all. He was just moving around a lot because he thought I was going to feed him, and I think when YouTube stabilized the video, it made it look a lot more like it was moving him around. I sat and watched him for an hour just to make sure, but he's really not being pushed around by the current.

I've only had him a week, and he's already figured out where the food comes from. LOL. He's a lot more active than my doubletail, and even my HMPK! My HMPK loves to laze about in his house, and my DT is usually resting his big fins in the plants (unless I come close; then he thinks it's food time).
Old 12-17-2013, 03:05 PM   #5 
lainaxoberst

I don't know how I've never seen a marble crowntail before, but he is stunning! This is making me miss my crowntail :(
lainaxoberst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 11:12 PM   #6 
harleraven

Thank you! :) Sorry that you're missing your crowntail, though. D: They are gorgeous fish, for sure.
Old 12-19-2013, 05:04 PM   #7 
Zooxe

wow! i love the colors! and how his fins also match his tail. beautiful fish :)
Zooxe is offline   Reply With Quote