Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-08-2010, 10:28 PM   #1 
DarthMaul
Banned

Angry i have the WORST stinkin luck with bettas!!

...i JUST bought a beautiful vanilla white crown tailed male betta a little over 4 hours ago and i just literally watched him die!! The stupid fish for some reason decided to eat a small piece of gravel and instead of spitting it out like i have seen bettas do, he swallowed it and choked on it! What i saw unfold before my eyes it just to graphic to say, but i felt SOOO helpless as i watched my betta die and sink right to the bottom! =[ R.I.P nameless betta. Man and i thought losing my 4 girls at once in less than a week was bad luck!!! UGH!!
DarthMaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 10:36 PM   #2 
xxabc

Aw, I'm sorry...! Whenever I wash my gravel (at least 20 times, always), I just let the smaller pieces of gravel flow away when I dump the water out. Sorry for your loss...
xxabc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 10:37 PM   #3 
akjadestar

Awww , i'm really sad to hear about that ):
That must have been sad to watch... one bad thing with fish, watching them die is just crushing..
Don't give up with bettas. My first betta didn't even live past a week, and then I got another one, and he may die soon, but he lived a whole lot longer than my other one. Everyone starts to get the hang of fish eventually.. and not many people have a heart for fish like the people on here do, so fish need more people like us to adopt them (:
akjadestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 11:52 PM   #4 
nochoramet

:/ I'm sorry that really sucks... RIP fishy...
nochoramet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 06:09 AM   #5 
Romad
TFK Moderator

Gah! That must have been tough to watch. Can't exactly do the Heimlich on a fish.

RIP fishy
Romad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 07:30 AM   #6 
BettaxFishxCrazy

That must've been horrible to see! I'm so sorry. :(
BettaxFishxCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 09:45 AM   #7 
bloo97

Sorry 'bout that. D:
bloo97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 08:11 PM   #8 
DarthMaul
Banned

Thank you all. Ya it was awful to watch! Like i said, to describe exactly what i saw, would be graphic and heart breaking for all of you, so i will not. I will NO longer use gravel. I will buy the large gravel or even rocks or something, the smaller gravel is DONE in my habitats... I wish you all could have seen this betta, he was gorgeous. A lot of you have vouched at how beautiful my Matthew is and how lucky i am to have him. Well that poor betta i lost last night made Matthew look like the ugly duckling! He was so full of life and colors and spunk.. he was a beautiful crown tail...UGH... only things like this would happen to me with my bettas! =[
DarthMaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 11:19 PM   #9 
reaperss06

I know how you feel about the watching a betta die, I watched one slowly die when I had no clue what was killing him. The choking honestly sounds nothing compared to mine when you don't know what's killing it then that makes it to where you can't do anything at all. I do feel for you though, I know how rough it is to sit there not able to do anything.

Last edited by reaperss06; 04-09-2010 at 11:20 PM. Reason: added to it
reaperss06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 02:46 AM   #10 
soleilvie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthMaul View Post
Well that poor betta i lost last night made Matthew look like the ugly duckling! He was so full of life and colors and spunk.. he was a beautiful crown tail...
Well, you can't always have beauty and brains.

Sorry to hear what happened though. Must have been a terrible feeling. =/
soleilvie is offline   Reply With Quote