Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-19-2010, 11:19 PM   #11 
Sanine

So my Fish seems to be doing better. His eye is still swollen and a tad droopy but not as bad as it first was. His color seems more vibrant, but now the issue is eating. He will take the food in his mouth but then spit it back out again. This is the second day in a row that he has done that. :(
Is there anything I can do to get him to eat?
Sanine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 11:25 AM   #12 
Oldfishlady

Sometimes adding a drop or two of fresh garlic juice will help with appetite, when a fish spits their food in and out this is a form of chewing and tasting...to either break it down in smaller pieces to swallow or check to be sure it is food or something they like, usually if it is a food that they always ate they may not be hungry and holding food for a day or two may help.
Good to hear that he is doing better, stay on top of the daily water changes, are you using epsom salt?
Oldfishlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 12:57 AM   #13 
Sanine

Sorry it's been a while since I have said anything on here. I've been pretty busy with school. I have kept up on the daily water changes, and I had to wait a few extra days since I last posted to get epsom salt, but since I got the salt Isaac's eye has gone down significantly. It's still a little swollen. Maybe about half a size of an eye bigger than it should be. he is swimming or rather darting around the tank all the time. His appetite is back, but he isn't eating as much as he used to. He bumps a lot into things on the side the eye is swollen on. Is it possible that he may permanently loose eyesight in that eye? right now I think its because the eye is damaged. Thanks everyone for your help! I really appreciated it and after searching around the site I've decided, when I can afford it I want to buy a bigger tank for my fish along with some treats for him such as the blood worms and brine shrimp. :D
Sanine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 11:51 PM   #14 
orangeziggy

whoah. I've never had a betta with a case of popeye(of course, I've only had 2 bettas, but that's not the point). That seems like a scary situation.
orangeziggy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
swollen eye