Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-10-2010, 12:16 AM   #981 
akjadestar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinthalas Tigris View Post
I am leery about those pots.

I use the terra cotta pots in my tank, but I highly recommend either covering up those bottom holes, or hollowing out the bottoms completely.

My favorite betta got stuck in one of those holes, and it was heartwrenching trying to get the poor fella out of it and even worse trying to nurse it back to health only to have it die after 3 days of nursing it.

Terrible, terrible feeling. PLEASE cover those holes up with something.
That happened to my betta a few days ago as well . My dad broke open the pot with some pliars. My betta was laying in a sort of coma for a couple days but today he got up and he's better. Yes, plug the holes or make the gravel over top of it . Believe me, I had thought about the holes too but I thought it was a long shot, and I regret it, my betta has missing scales now..

anyhoww I'll upload some pictures later. maybe after I rearrange the tank tomorrow. also the photo uploader isn't working
akjadestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 10:21 AM   #982 
puppyrjjkm

Quote:
Originally Posted by GothicKDM View Post

Im new here, but this was my tank XD it was a 2.5 gallon, and when i put in a larger air bubbler, my fist on the left was having too hard of a time with the current. I also decided to upgrade to a ten gallon, since I want to get two more and make my tank divided.
I love your tank and your bettas! Where did you get those shells for your tank? I've been wanting to put some in a couple of my tanks, but just don't know which ones are "fish safe".
puppyrjjkm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 11:09 AM   #983 
CataclysmKitten

oh these horror stories with the pots. That scares me. I think i'll just put a few shot glasses down for my betta and ADF to swim in. I have bigger sized shot glasses too
CataclysmKitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 12:01 PM   #984 
puppyrjjkm

When I got my pot I used a big garden rock and just broke off the base of the pot, so the bettas can just swim right through it. It's really easy, and you don't have to worry about anything happening.
puppyrjjkm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 12:11 PM   #985 
akjadestar

That would work .
I think I'm just gonna get an actual cave now,
here's his tank i just took these pictures (:

3 gallon Aquaview 360 (:
As you can see it's not filled up all the way that's so Venus can get to the surface easier with his injuries.
When it's up to the top then there's bubbles in the water, but right now it doesn't go any higher than the riser tube.
Old 04-10-2010, 02:06 PM   #986 
Narnian

Awesome tank! I love the green/purple/red combo. Do you have any photos of the tank at night, with the LED lighting on? How much does it light it up?
Narnian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 02:08 PM   #987 
akjadestar

Thanks! Ummm I do but they're pretty poor quality. Maybe I can get a photo of it tonight! And yeah, I like the colors too. As you can imagine, so does Venus cause he blends in pretty good.
It lights up pretty well. And the LED light can go different colors, in the photo it was on orange but it can be red or yellow, blue or purple or pink (:

Last edited by akjadestar; 04-10-2010 at 02:10 PM. Reason: adding more
Old 04-10-2010, 02:13 PM   #988 
Narnian

Really cool! I was looking at this tank awhile ago. The main thing I wasn't crazy about was the lid flopping around.......and it sorta reminded me of a trashcan. Haha! But yours doesn't look like a trash can at all. I guess having decor makes a difference from looking at it empty, in a store. :P
Narnian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 02:22 PM   #989 
akjadestar

Yeah... the lid is a problem I wish I could replace it especially since I have cats I'm worried they might get in the tank one day but normally they don't really try
Old 04-10-2010, 03:08 PM   #990 
betta1485

This is my 5.5 gallon tank....I need to get more plants though:

Name:  0410001601.jpg
Views: 1011
Size:  98.4 KB
betta1485 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aquarium, arteries, arteriestagiscreepnmeout, do the harlem shake!!!, dyingoflaughteroverhere, glory werz here!:b, lols, macgyver was here, tank