Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-11-2010, 05:08 PM   #1 
1fish2fish

Angry You would not believe!!!!!! I'm disgusted

I went by walmart today to price 10 gals and of course I looked at the bettas. I went to pick up one in the back to look at it and the bottom of the cup was GREEN!!! Completely green! I told my roommate I'm taking her home.. then I saw another.. then 2 more. I came home with 4 fish (two male two female) all in disgusting conditions. One of which I know for a fact I saw at this same walmart a month ago!

I'll be keeping them until they are fat and healthy then putting them up for adoption at the cost of shipping... so if anyone wants one let me know. I'm going to have to buy shipping bags and what not which will be included in the price for shipping so it might be more than $15... but if I can fit more than one to a box I won't double the shipping. I'll be keeping them until I know they are healthy and healed.

Here are some pictures...

This is the first girl I saw. I've named her Zippity Do Dah.. Zippity for short because she is tiny (like 1 inch) and zooms around the tub I have her in.

In the Cup

The bottom of the cup...

In her temporary home...(those are stress stripes.. I'm really not sure what her color is)

Girl #2.. no name as of yet. She looks like she has a few dragon scales but I'm not calling her a dragon.
In cup..

Bottom of her cup..

In her temporary home.. I'll post better pics in a new thread later on.

Boy #1. I saw this guy at least 3 weeks ago if not more.. I know this because something bad was written on his cup (since there are young kids on this forum I won't write what it said).

Bottom of cup..

In tank.. Not sure if those spots are a sickness or just part of his color

Boy #2.. He not only was in BROWN water but has horrible fin rot.
In cup..

Cup..

In tank..

I'm going to try just to treat like I always do with aquarium salt and clean water.. but I think boy #2 is going to need something more. I couldn't leave them.. it made me sick just to think about them living in that filth.
1fish2fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 05:13 PM   #2 
Kittles

You should have also brought this to the attention of the fish department and manager. It's unacceptable.

I am not interested a fish, though I do wish them the best.
Kittles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 05:15 PM   #3 
1fish2fish

I didn't have time to find a manager I was literally running in and out. Believe me all they would have done is marked these fish $2 and go on their way.. I've complained to this walmart before.
Old 04-11-2010, 05:16 PM   #4 
doggyhog

Absolutely disgusting. I'm so glad you saved them.

I love the first male.... If you can't find him a home, I may have to take him. :) We'll see. :D
doggyhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 05:17 PM   #5 
CodeRed

Oh, geez. My teenage mind has me wondering what was written on his cup xD
But wow, those are really bad conditions ;x My local Petco has been getting worse, but I haven't been in recently to see if it's gotten as bad as this. I sincerely hope not D: I really like the yellowish boy, reminds me of my Maxxie </3
CodeRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 05:18 PM   #6 
1fish2fish

The white one? I'll keep you in mind :). He is actually pretty healthy. He has tears in his tail but it doesn't look like rot. I'm just not sure if he has some sort of fungus or not from the black dots on his body. I though about taking him home a month ago but I really want some show fish so I wasn't looking to take in any more VT right now.

Code Red.. I'll remember you too for when I have to adopt them out.

Last edited by dramaqueen; 04-11-2010 at 11:18 PM.
Old 04-11-2010, 05:29 PM   #7 
ThePearlFish

yikes!!! poor creatures. and awful person to whoever in the store wrote that!! I mean, reallyy??

~TPF
ThePearlFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 05:36 PM   #8 
CodeRed

Wow. Why would anyone write that on a FISH cup? Do they look at fish and think of that? Really? Some people just worry me. And sweet! With the recent losses over here, I have some extra room (:>
CodeRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 05:37 PM   #9 
1fish2fish

I'm worried about the second girl.. she's REALLY pale.. her fins are white right now!! I put a cave in her tank and as soon as I find some scissors I'm going to put some silk plant pieces in there so she has a lot of cover.. I might actually darken her tank to de-stress her.

I only have 1 spare heater right now and I'll put it in her tank since she is so stressed. Hopefully next week 3 used heaters I ordered will get here and be able to go in these tanks bc I don't have the money to buy them heaters.

ETA.. Yeah.. I don't think anyone who works at the wal-mart did that.. it seems like a very childish thing so some doofus probably thought it was funny. I want to try to send them all out at one time but if not I'll be contacting people about homes around mid-late may.. the semester is coming to an end and I'm going to be really busy so I won't be able to ship them out until then. And thats only if they are healthy.

Last edited by 1fish2fish; 04-11-2010 at 05:40 PM.
Old 04-11-2010, 05:52 PM   #10 
beat2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1fish2fish View Post
I'm worried about the second girl.. she's REALLY pale.. her fins are white right now!! I put a cave in her tank and as soon as I find some scissors I'm going to put some silk plant pieces in there so she has a lot of cover.. I might actually darken her tank to de-stress her.

I only have 1 spare heater right now and I'll put it in her tank since she is so stressed. Hopefully next week 3 used heaters I ordered will get here and be able to go in these tanks bc I don't have the money to buy them heaters.

ETA.. Yeah.. I don't think anyone who works at the wal-mart did that.. it seems like a very childish thing so some doofus probably thought it was funny. I want to try to send them all out at one time but if not I'll be contacting people about homes around mid-late may.. the semester is coming to an end and I'm going to be really busy so I won't be able to ship them out until then. And thats only if they are healthy.
She probably is stressed because that's wwhat happens to one of my females when I do WC her fins turn white.
beat2020 is offline   Reply With Quote