Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-07-2010, 05:36 PM   #11 
Sella

Nope!
Sella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 11:26 PM   #12 
Starbright

My tank doesn't either! And I only have a 2.5G D: I just keep up on partial water changes twice/week and 100% every week.. or whenever I feel like it. Doing 100% gives me something to do so these days, it's every other day (:
Starbright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 12:04 AM   #13 
caleb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starbright View Post
My tank doesn't either! And I only have a 2.5G D: I just keep up on partial water changes twice/week and 100% every week.. or whenever I feel like it. Doing 100% gives me something to do so these days, it's every other day (:

I use a small whisper internal filter the box says 1-3 gallon but I'm using it on a 5 gallon. The current is low my Betta is not to crazy about it but he seems to be fine if i run some times. I have it set up on one one side of the tank back to front takes the current and he can chill one the other side and not be affected. the box claims it can filter 20 gallons an hour so I try to run it for a hour 1/2 hour in the morning and 1/4 before bed.
I have noticed a big difference in the clarity of the water and my live plant life seem to be doing better.
I also do once a week water changes of 25%.
I'm new but what do you guys think?
caleb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 12:29 PM   #14 
Starbright

Do you mean that small black filter with the plastic tube on thE botom? I've had those for my betta tanks at one point and just wasn't satisfied so I took them out.

But if it works for you then yeah! Filtration is better than no filtration!! :)
Starbright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 08:16 PM   #15 
caleb

yup that is the one. I just use plants in front of the flow and my guy doe's not mind it. I now leave it on all the time.
It really comes down to how temperamental your fish is. But this little filter is great.
I recommend it.
caleb is offline   Reply With Quote