Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-09-2010, 10:47 PM   #1 
javi

Hey all

Hey all. My name is Javi (yes that is my real name) and i am new to this forum, though i am not new to fish. I have kept everything fresh and saltwater in the past and then got away from aquariums as i had so many and kind of burned out. I decided that after about two years it was time again. So i set up a 5 gallon tank yesterday. It will be fully planted with live plants like java moss, java fern, anubias and apogenton (sp) and a few others maybe. I also bought my betta today which was not that plan since I wanted a mini cycle first. But he will live in a large bowl for a few days till all tests good. Oh his name is Wradley.
javi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 10:53 PM   #2 
aunt kymmie
Gold Member

Welcome to the forum Javi. I love your name. I also love that you'll be giving a betta a nice planted 5gl home. Pics when you can. :)
aunt kymmie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 11:05 PM   #3 
javi

Well I have often thought it would be so much easier to buy ornaments and colored gravel, but i cannot do that. After years of fishkeeping i prefer the natural.
Old 04-10-2010, 02:26 AM   #4 
Starbright

I used to only like natural colors and plants.. but then I experimented one day with black gravel and another tank with blue gravel and I fell in love! So now my tanks are filled with artificial decorations and gravel @.@ I can't bring myself to use really "out there" colors like pink or yellow...

Anyways, I had a couple years of fish keeping break as well! Now I'm back on track and couldn't be happier :D

Post updates and pictures! Your tank sounds lovely
Starbright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 12:00 AM   #5 
javi

Well when i was out yesterday getting tank stuff i found a yellow plakat male (said halfmoon plakat but it does not have the right tail). Anyways I spent all nite and day thinking about him so i went to see if he waas still there. He was so I bought him. I have an extra 6 gallon sitting around so i will be setting that up tomrow, to move him into this week. Still no name but i love his face.
Old 04-11-2010, 01:07 PM   #6 
CataclysmKitten

congrats on your new betta!
And welcome to the forum.
CataclysmKitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 06:38 PM   #7 
javi

Thanks i really like it here. Lots of nice people and all. I have both tanks set up and ready for the plants. Both bettas are doing well also. I decided to name the hmpk "moggett". I remember when i had close to 40 bettas at one time, hopefully i dont get that nuts again. heehee. May get one more.
Old 04-11-2010, 08:36 PM   #8 
dramaqueen
Banned

Hello and welcome to the forum.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote