Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-11-2010, 04:15 PM   #1001 
Tinthalas Tigris

1000! -- Cool setup. congrats on upping from a 1 to a 5. much wiser decision for he and yourself.
Tinthalas Tigris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 10:43 PM   #1002 
Kittles

I mentioned in a thread of Hadouken's that I'd done a little aquascaping today, inspired by said genius, and I think it turned out so well. I'm quite pleased. The only thing I lack - and have been lacking - are some shrimp! Damn everything to hell :<

Some new plants were planted (the grasses), and I anchored down this amazing piece of driftwood. It's arched which provides a nice cave, and also has a large hole in it that provides a second cave. I like being able to see through it to the other side of my tank. Makes it feel more open.

You can't really see my betta in there because he's under the driftwood in the larger "cave" section, but you can certainly notice my cory cats. Love those guys. Roy Cherry wasn't being too photogenic today, no matter how much I tried to persuade him with my Rubik's Cube.

A larger picture from the front: http://i41.tinypic.com/24muz4w.jpg
Kittles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 10:57 PM   #1003 
britnyjackson

I adore my hex! It's been amazing so far and Ambroas LOVES all of his room!
britnyjackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 11:38 PM   #1004 
ecoprincess

ecoprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 12:09 AM   #1005 
TigerLily

Wow, Eco! Your tank looks beautiful!
TigerLily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 02:40 AM   #1006 
Firefly

Very nice tank kittles and eco, im going for the same look as u kittles with the plants and driftwood:) maybe more denser planting tho. ill post pics as soon as i have it set up:D
Firefly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 03:03 AM   #1007 
Hadouken441

Kittles Im likin at a lot for real. Super clean look. What kind of plant is that front bush? Are they mini broad swords? Or something I dunno my plants untill I buy em haha
Hadouken441 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 06:49 AM   #1008 
ecoprincess

thnx tigerlily!

i have just upgraded my tank and this is the first version. i cant wait to see what it will evolve into in the future! :)
ecoprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 01:22 PM   #1009 
Kittles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hadouken441 View Post
Kittles Im likin at a lot for real. Super clean look. What kind of plant is that front bush? Are they mini broad swords? Or something I dunno my plants untill I buy em haha
Lol, if you don't know then I couldn't tell you. I know the back plants are Red Ludwigia and an Assorted Sword (? that's what the sign said, heh), but the front grassy things I just bought yesterday because they looked cool and didn't pay any attention to what they were :<

Impulse shopper.
Kittles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 06:12 PM   #1010 
Tinthalas Tigris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kittles View Post

Did you purchase that green grassy plant in front of the cave from PetSMART? If so, although it is gorgeous, I am worried is "Mondo Grass." A plant that is not actually an aquatic plant.

I bought it from PetSMART only to learn the very next day that it is not actually an aquatic plant. I've got my fingers crossed for you.
Tinthalas Tigris is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aquarium, arteries, arteriestagiscreepnmeout, bettathanyou, do the harlem shake!!!, dyingoflaughteroverhere, glory werz here!:b, lols, macgyver was here, tank