Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-11-2010, 09:04 PM   #1 
xswornxoffxjello

Talking Personalities :)

I'm just fascinated with it . . . they're all so different! For example, Promise, my crowntail, is soo cocky. He's the only guy that's ever made a bubblenest for me and spends a lot of his time flaring at the divider that separates him from the other occupant, Bullet (red and white doubletail). Bullet's really shy and laid back. He hides a lot, especially when he sees Promise coming. Once I had a dream that somehow Promise got through *shudders*. Moss, my female, is alone, though she definately has that alpha-girl attitude. My guess is she would be top of the pecking order should she have company. And Flare, my veiltail, is a definate athlete. Any moment not spent zooming around the tank or sleeping is a moment wasted, in his mind.
xswornxoffxjello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 09:10 PM   #2 
CodeRed

Bettas are very unique like that (: Anyone who says fish have no personalities hasn't owned a betta, and if they do own one, they spend far too little time with it. Every single one of mine are different, and I wouldn't change a thing.
CodeRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 09:29 PM   #3 
BettaxFishxCrazy

My mom used to think fish had no personalities but after she spent some time watching them, she realized she was wrong.lol No two bettas are similar; they are each unique and different in their own ways.
BettaxFishxCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 09:46 PM   #4 
CodeRed

But, strangely, there are the bettas that seem to have very little personality =/ Those are the ones who don't jump out at you at the pet stores. I have on betta like that; very little personality. I don't know why some get it, and others don't.
CodeRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 08:59 AM   #5 
BettaxFishxCrazy

Yeah, that is strange. My guys are all wacky and have lots of personality. :P
BettaxFishxCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 10:06 AM   #6 
tanker

I was surprised at how sociable my betta and my other fish are. Before I had fish, I thought they just swam around, but they don't, they come up to the glass and seem to interact with you. My betta follows my finger if I wave it around, and he always comes over to the glass if I go to his tank. I talk to him and he sort of "dances" around. He's not just "a" fish, he's "my" fish. I'm really quite attached to him and I've only just got him recently.

I think they definitely have personalities. One of my platies is a bit bossy, he seems to think he's the boss of everyone. My little yellow one seems very gentle. She just wants to swim around and have a peaceful time. They are all different.
tanker is offline   Reply With Quote