Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-21-2013, 02:19 PM   #1 
Crowntails

Who has a Betta in a Community Tank?

Right now, I have a male betta in a community tank and my old male betta was in a community tank as well. So I was wondering who else has a betta (or a group of females) in a community tank? Or wants to have one in a community tank in the future?

I personally have found that bettas work very well in community tanks if placed with peaceful fish.

I was just wondering. Thanks.
Crowntails is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 02:38 AM   #2 
txbettaowner

I have a 22 female betta sorority in my 30 gallon and a betta in my 55 gallon community tank.
txbettaowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 04:28 AM   #3 
Bluewind

I definitely agree that they can be great community fish. My 2 girls hang out in my 25 gallon with my 6 loaches. My male has lived peacefully with several things. The corys passed back when I didn't know what I was doing. My snail recently passed from old age. The boy is just a laid back little dude. He even comes when I call his name! I hope he lives a long life :)
Posted via Mobile Device
Bluewind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 07:32 PM   #4 
Confishius

Betta + brittlenose pleco, does that count?
Confishius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 09:54 AM   #5 
RainbowhLizzie

My female crowntail was in my 20 gallon community tank for a while and loved it. She seems to prefer it to her new sorority life, so I may find a new girl to replace her and let her be in the community tank again.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App
RainbowhLizzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 10:00 AM   #6 
Aus

My betta's in 25g of water with two bristlenoses and one very large surviving Darwin shrimp. The shrimp won't breed in fresh water, so they die of old age eventually and .. yeah. Restocking becomes necessary.
Aus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 10:48 AM   #7 
Stone

Well my smallest giant lives with 2 adf's in a 10 gallon, now hendrix the giant lives in a 40 gal breeder npt with, pygmy cories, albino cories, rusty cories I think thats what they are,some gold barbs, harliquin rasboras, and platys, and yes hendrix is definately the boss of the tank, when he was fist put in there he showed all those fish who was the boss and would chase them around, now all is calm with very little chasing and I never saw any nipping
Stone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 12:13 PM   #8 
DBanana

Laufey, my PetsMart find, is currently in a 15g section of my 20g long with a mystery snail, 9 tetras (one went missing in the blackout, I suspect the rest of them went all 1972 Andes flight disaster on it), and 5 or 6 ghost shrimp.

Espen was living with a mystery snail till he ate it in the black out.
DBanana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 02:20 PM   #9 
Aoicat

Walter has been living for a few years now in a 10 gallon with a small school of tetras. Never had any problems since they stay near the bottom and he mostly stays by the top. Although it looks like old age is catching up with Walter as he's been in a bad state the last week or so.
Aoicat is offline   Reply With Quote