Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-07-2010, 03:18 PM   #31 
thegameksk

He is QT. I already bought the prima and other med and dispersed it into the QT tank. If it doesnt do anything in a few days, ill euthanize him I guess.
thegameksk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 09:39 PM   #32 
thegameksk

Today he died. Im actually happy b/c the past few weeks were hell for him. All he did was stay in one spot.
Old 04-07-2010, 11:12 PM   #33 
thegameksk

I think I am going to get another fish. Dont like seeing the tank empty. Do you guys think I should wash everything from the tank before putting it in?
Old 04-07-2010, 11:12 PM   #34 
dramaqueen
Banned

I'm so sorry about your fish!
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 05:27 AM   #35 
f4te

awwww that's so sad! mine's starting to do the same thing- i only got him like a month ago though! i'm not sure what's going on- i recently put a heater into his tank, and did a 50% water change (2 days ago) and immediatly after he was super happy, but now he's just hanging around the bottom, and cramming himself up inside his lil castle... every 5 or so minutes he'll swim (easily and quickly) to the surface, grab some air, and come back down... i'm really concerned! no external deformities or anything as far as i can tell... I tried feeding him, but he didn't respond this evening. He ate this morning though. i'm going to see how he goes for he next couple days before i do something.... i don't want him to die!
f4te is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 11:46 AM   #36 
f4te

ok- it's the morning now. He's crammed himself up inside his castle and isn't moving. I rapped pretty hard on the side of the aquarium... he fluttered a lil bit, but isn't moving! NO FISHY, DON'T DIE!!! We have really clean water over here (vancouver), so it shouldn't be that- i put betta basics in it every time i did a water change... whyyyy!!!!!
Old 04-12-2010, 11:38 PM   #37 
f4te

HE DIDN'T DIE!!!! i dunno what it was, but he's totally zipping around. he's not doing his normal 'show off' thing where he lets his tails expand, but he's a lot better than he was before. I think it may have been because i didn't let the water sit overnight before changing it. Will do from now on. I just cleared all the transluscent stuff from the top of the water, so it's perfectly clear, and set out a bowl of water to top it off with tomorrow. He's definitely looking a lot healthier.