Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-23-2013, 09:47 PM   #1 
FinTheBettaFish

Red face Changing Environment

Hi! I've had my betta Finnick, Fin for short (still not sure wht tail he is ) for about a year and a half. He's been in the same environment, same 1 plant, same coloured gravel, same rocks, etc. ever since I put him in his 2 gallon bowl. I know bettas like change, but would it be to much to change his plant maybe add another, change the gravel, add a cave, and get rid of all the rocks? Or in other words completely changing his environment. So do you think it's to much?
FinTheBettaFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 11:20 PM   #2 
Gallifrey

Don't change all the gravel, since it holds beneficial bacteria. You could possibly mix a bit of new gravel in a different color with it, or buy the glass pebble things and scatter them around the tank to add something new. Definitely invest in a cave, and possibly a few more small live or silk plants, or even floating plants.
Gallifrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 11:22 PM   #3 
Gallifrey

Maybe introduce the new elements one at a time through the coming weeks if you're worried about overwhelming your betta. :)
Gallifrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 12:18 AM   #4 
RussellTheShihTzu
Reference Team

If your tank is filtered and cycled, you can change out everything as long as you keep your filter media wet. A lot of us upgrade to larger tanks and use the old filter until the new one is seeded.
RussellTheShihTzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 12:13 PM   #5 
Hallyx
Reference Team

Betta can take variety or leave it. If you want to change the tank around because you want to, go ahead. Your fish cares less about it than you do.
Hallyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 12:23 PM   #6 
FinTheBettaFish

Thanks for all these replies so far. I think I know what to do. But I'm still open for more feedback!
FinTheBettaFish is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bowl, cute, decorations, environment, gravel