Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-14-2010, 10:10 AM   #21 
1fish2fish

I almost almost wonder if she's even a betta at all.. she's so tiny! The stripes do go away so I guess she is a betta... she doesn't have hardly any color to her and when I try to take pictures all her color goes away and the stripes come back... she stripes at everything!

What color she does have is very pretty blueish-greenish. I'm hoping if I can get her to grow a little more she'll color up more.
1fish2fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 11:52 AM   #22 
Mitsufishi

eekk! It's people like you I admire! I have problems with the walmart down the street from me. I went in there about 3 days ago, and they had about 6 cups upside down in the sink with dead bettas in them. I was pretty sad...I also have to refill there cups everytime I go in. Water loss in those things is insane!! I actually just deleted a picture I took, I actually went diggin around in the cabinets that say employee only and saw the betta food with a post it that said "betta 1-2 pellets x2 week" I was seriously mad at them at the moment because there was a male in a cup that looked like it had fallen and cracked on the bottom, and all they did was stick the cup in the sink almost to let it drain out and die!!!! I got mad and went over to the kitchenware aisle and got a huge gladeware tub and filled it with water, opened the bottle of stress coat i was buying and treated it and put him right in it and back in the sink, and feed him a couple pellets i covered it with paper towels so he wouldnt jump out. I also wrote a HUGE note and taped it to the cabinet that pretty much said...."IF WALMART CANT CARE FOR THEIR FISH CORRECTLY THEY SHOULDNT SELL THEM!!!" 2 weeks later there was not a single fish in sight! For about 6 months they stopped selling them. I went back about a week ago and there were tons! :'(
Mitsufishi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 11:58 AM   #23 
1fish2fish

You can call 1-800-Wal-Mart and report the store.. just find out what the store number is (you can find that on the store locator).. Thats what I'm going to do later tonight when I finally have a little time.
Old 04-14-2010, 12:49 PM   #24 
sstacy19

horrible!! Good thing you were there!
sstacy19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 01:30 PM   #25 
Mitsufishi

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1fish2fish View Post
You can call 1-800-Wal-Mart and report the store.. just find out what the store number is (you can find that on the store locator).. Thats what I'm going to do later tonight when I finally have a little time.

o0O0Oo I will do, I know the store number because I work for the Dept of Wildlife Conservation and they are a vendor for us.
Mitsufishi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 02:24 PM   #26 
1fish2fish

Good thing.. I've heard others have done this with very good results.
Old 04-16-2010, 10:43 PM   #27 
carolyn

poor little guys. I'm glad you saved them. I see fish at Petsmart that are bad but not that bad. I even handed a cup with a dead fish to an employee as he walked by. I wish I could buy them all and bring them home. You are wonderful!
carolyn is offline   Reply With Quote