Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Breeding Betta Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-02-2010, 03:06 PM   #11 
Blu

thanks for the advice everyone^^
I know that taking this on will be a huge responsibility but before I breed anyone I will make sure I have enough homes, I plan to keep a max of 4 males and 6-10 females, and I have found homes for about 10 others, still looking for some more though just incase its a big spawn even though its the first

...though if I have to I will keep many for a long time until I can find suitable homes.
Blu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 04:07 PM   #12 
orangeziggy

I had 2 who had fry, though it wasn't a successful try, because all the fry died.
orangeziggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 04:34 PM   #13 
Blu

oh thats sad :( do you know what happened?
Blu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 11:40 PM   #14 
SemioticSleep

I have male and female of the same color blue. I never planned to breed them because of the big responsibility. But she has stripes and the male is courting her, I feel bad almost. If I decide to breed them I'll do it in the summer so I can take care of the fry I heard they need to be fed a lot.
SemioticSleep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 08:24 AM   #15 
dramaqueen
Banned

You don't have to breed them just because they are showing signs of being ready to breed. If you do decide to breed in the future, we recommend doing a lot of research first so you'll be prepared. Some people will say that it's easy to breed bettas but it's not as easy as it looks. The breeding tank needs to be set up properly and be the right size. The male and female need constant supervision so they don't kill each other and then, you need to have food ready for the babies. The babies do need to be fed a lot and feedings shouldn't be skipped. If you don't feel ready to take on the responsibility then I'd wait until I AM ready if I were you.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote