Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-17-2010, 12:30 AM   #41 
Mister Sparkle

I remember when "bronze" was about the only cory you could get. Boy, am I old or what?!

You might also see them advertised as "green corys". And if it only says, "cory" or "common cory", it's pretty good odds that it's a bronze.

Am I the only one buying these little guys anymore? To me, it's kind of like "comfort fish"!
Mister Sparkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 01:28 AM   #42 
iamgian

Heh. All my corys are the same species, albino corys. I'm thinking about getting some emerald corys too, or maybe a set of 6 tetras. I saw some fish called glofish at the pet store, might get those instead but it could be too flashy for the betta and he might see them as a threat. My 'loner' catfish and betta seem to get along really well though, I found them playing in the hut I bought and took a picture.
iamgian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 01:36 AM   #43 
Kittles

Why haven't we seen it yet. Pics or it didn't happen. :>
Kittles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 01:41 AM   #44 
Mister Sparkle

"albino" isn't a species! It's a genetic abnormality! Those guys, most likely, are actually the species I'm talking about...c. aeneus.
Old 04-17-2010, 12:18 PM   #45 
xxabc

Glofish! Poor things. Aren't glo-fish the fish that people (scientists?) ... do something...and then inject something to make them glow? (I think they remove their scales to do so). Wonderful discription I know, but their fate is horrible. Pretty as they are, I'd stay away from them. I wouldn't support how they're treated

Unless it's called something else. Haha...
xxabc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 12:56 PM   #46 
iamgian

Glofish is a negative then. I posted the picture of the catfish and my betta hanging out in the hut on the betta pictures forum. Check it out! My brother just got neon tetras... I was gonna get those too but I don't want my tank to be too much like his... so now I have to think of some other things to get. Maybe I could have a whole army of catfish. The problem is that I'm not sure if I'm even feeding them right. I'll completely wet the flakes so they fall to the gravel but my betta sees them and bolts to them like no other. He seems to like to eat... a lot.
Old 04-17-2010, 02:28 PM   #47 
Kittles

That's a typical betta for you. Pigs in their past lives. Apparently mine was a corydoras catfish, as well. I feed sinking shrimp pellets to the cats and they all flock to them once discovered, however, their feast is constantly disrupted when my betta decides it's his turn and thrusts himself through them, scattering them about, only to spit up is earnings two seconds later.

Here's a picture of Roy Cherry lurking the cats during feeding. Guess he was patient, yesterday.
Old 04-17-2010, 06:16 PM   #48 
iamgian

How do you get such clear pictures? I swear I can't use flash or else the glare would just ruin the whole picture, and then when I don't use flash the picture just goes really fuzzy
Old 04-17-2010, 06:34 PM   #49 
Mister Sparkle

Bettas aren't too proud to scavenge the bottom. Those giant round "pebbles" that a lot of people use because they are pretty can be real death-traps when a betta tries to swim too far into them to get to a piece of uneaten food.
Old 04-17-2010, 08:24 PM   #50 
Kittles

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamgian View Post
How do you get such clear pictures? I swear I can't use flash or else the glare would just ruin the whole picture, and then when I don't use flash the picture just goes really fuzzy
I use the macro setting with a really high iso; maybe 800 or 1600, though the latter turns out more grainy. The high iso increases the shutter speed so you don't have to worry about blurry pictures with the flash on. The trade-off, however, is the lower picture quality like I mentioned.