Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Meet the Betta Keepers
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-24-2013, 03:18 PM   #1 
ismintis

Smile Back from Hiatus!

Hello everyone! I haven't been able to visit this site for so long since my school started, but I am holiday break and miss this place so much. :) I can't wait to get to know all you new members and catch up with the old ones!

I still have my two 2 year old cats, they are doing great and getting into mischief as usual. Krusa is now nine months old! (my baby is growing up :') ) She has gotten so much more color and is a plump happy girl.

I knew I would be getting another betta, probably in the summer from Thailand again...but the betta bug bit me last night when I was doing some last minute Christmas shopping. Of course when all I need is cat food, I stop by the fish section to see a black baby floating around the top of his cup. Fifteen dollars later I have a hospital tank, plant and new fish to bring home for Christmas.

But what has been worrying me is that he has a little swim bladder issue. His water is clean and at 80 degrees. I will change the water daily, but I would like to know what the best food is to feed baby betta fish from Petco. Should I not feed him anything until his swim bladder clears up? I will also stalk down the baby betta thread that was made a while ago. :) Thank you, I'm so happy to be back!
ismintis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 03:28 PM   #2 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Welcome back!!!!!!!!!! It's so good to see you again!!! Oh and I can't wait to see pictures of grown up Krusa and the baby! For the baby, it's most likely a phase. Many times those PetCo babies are culls and they are culled for a reason, I had a baby with the same issue and after a while it did clear up but he still died young. Many babies don't make it very long or if they do make it to adult hood, they are more susceptible to things I find or they still die early.

But continue to feed him, he needs at least three times a day, twice if you absolutely must and yeah, daily water changes will be great for him. You can add in .25 tsp/gal of Epsom salt to see if it relieves him at all, don't increase, just keep replenishing it for when you do water changes.
lilnaugrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 04:42 PM   #3 
ismintis

Thanks! It's so good to see you too!!!!! How are your fish? I see your sig has dwindled down a lot.
He seems pretty healthy but I am prepared for him to not make it long :( He is so beautiful though, I'll try my hardest. After feeding him for the second time today he is more perky and doesn't float to the top as much. :)
Old 12-24-2013, 07:09 PM   #4 
dramaqueen
Banned

Welcome back!!
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2013, 11:32 AM   #5 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Yeah I had a horrible disease go through my sorority so they all died. But all is well, I'm happy the last five have survived!
lilnaugrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 01:01 AM   #6 
ismintis

Thanks dramaqueen! I'm so sorry to hear that lil, it's good some managed to make it through though :)