Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Journals
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-30-2013, 10:45 AM   #511 
BettaLover1313

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilnaugrim View Post
Okay, yeah that looks like a regular Cyst now, nothing you can do about it but keep the water clean, feed him well and love him really. It's most likely benign and nothing to it, it may fall off or open up, again just keep the water very clean. At the time if it opens, you can take him out and treat him with AQ salt to keep the wound clean of any infection until it heals up again.

And as a rock, I mean something like what this Anubias is attached to.

PetSmart I know also carries a different selection of rocks which is actually where that particular rock came from. So if you don't have access to any good rocks, you can get some there. They also have lava rock which is easier for Anubias/Java Fern to attach to because it's more porous and holey

Sound I up my water changes then for him now that it's open? I'm starting to feel very happy that I kept my spare 3 gallon, since that will probably be where he's moving to if I do need to up water changes & give him AQ salt, the problem will be when I go back to college, since I'm only allowed the one tank to have set up .

All right! Awesome! I can definitely start looking then at prices on the Anubias/Java Fern along with some rocks!
BettaLover1313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 10:49 AM   #512 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

It's not open yet technically, just grew out more. You'll know when it's open, it will most likely fall off and you'll see the flesh underneath it. Or it will have a big hole in the middle basically, you may see liquids ooze out as well, but usually it will either just keep growing until it falls off or just not grow as it had done for a while.
lilnaugrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 10:52 AM   #513 
BettaLover1313

Quote:
It's not open yet technically, just grew out more. You'll know when it's open, it will most likely fall off and you'll see the flesh underneath it. Or it will have a big hole in the middle basically, you may see liquids ooze out as well, but usually it will either just keep growing until it falls off or just not grow as it had done for a while.
Okay, good to know! Thank you so much for your help! Puts my mind at ease knowing what it is & what to do if/when it opens up.
Old 12-30-2013, 11:58 AM   #514 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Np! Sorry if some of my sentences don't make sense or anything, still battling this horrible cold/sinus infection/whatever the heck it is. Exhausted and posting on a forum doesn't usually fare well for me haha
Old 12-30-2013, 02:10 PM   #515 
BettaLover1313

Quote:
Np! Sorry if some of my sentences don't make sense or anything, still battling this horrible cold/sinus infection/whatever the heck it is. Exhausted and posting on a forum doesn't usually fare well for me haha
Trust me! I know how that goes! I've had sinus infections (and colds) neither are fun to deal with.
Old 12-31-2013, 11:02 AM   #516 
BettaLover1313

Yesterday, before we got the first of our area's predicted snow (more to come tonight ), I did go to PetSmart to check out plant prices, and I was quite pleased with what I saw, though it took me a bit to find some Java Fern (seemed to be almost out of stock), lots of Anubias, and some Water Wisteria. (Is that a floating plant or am I just that bad at remembering plants?) All reasonably priced, though I was made utterly confused once again by seeing that all of the plants were supposedly snail free, and then the ones in particular containers were pest & disease free (or something like that) as well as being snail free.

This leads to another question-do plants need to be quarantined? Silly question, I know, but I don't want to mess anything up whenever I do get plants for my boys.

Not to worried about the price of a new bulb for the tank, since bulbs are usually decent priced. Also at PetSmart I bought some more test strips from API (like them much better than the crappy Wal-Mart ones) and a second collapsible dog dish for Lucky's crate since he seems to like the height of the one bowl for his water, so we thought we'd try putting his food in his crate as well. He's been doing really well with crate training so far, just putting up a bit of a fuss by trying to not walk in, but once we say to walk in, he goes right in (then stares at us accusingly as he trembles-poor guy . I always feel terrible when he starts trembling).

I also went to Wal-Mart yesterday and picked up some random things from magnets (thinking of trying to make some ceramic magnets-possibly bettas and some other animals), some necklace thingies (don't really know their official name) for one of my necklaces that had lost its part to hold on the amulet (probably a better name for it that I can't think of >.<).

Today I'm hoping to see the horses tonight while helping out with chores (have to double-check with the owner though, later today). Then my friend will be spending the night for New Year's Eve, so that's exciting!

The betta boys aren't really happy since they are having a fasting day today. Tomorrow will be a 50% WC to get us (hopefully) back on schedule of doing that during the middle of the week.
Old 12-31-2013, 03:34 PM   #517 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Yeah the plants in the tubes are snail free just because they aren't grown in a tank, most of them are grown emersed from the water so they may acclimate slowly to your tank. Water wisteria can be floated but its normally a planted plant, you're thinking of water sprite, that one mainly floats although can also be planted but I did it does so much better floated. And plants can be qt'd but that's up to you, I usually don't but either way is fine. you can use a spare container and just fill with water and keep near a light source for two weeks so they can at least grow. You can use Crystal Clear by Jungle with has PP in it, potassium something, can't look it up right now lol

Oh and don't get a bulb from any pet store, go to Walmart for that, muuuuuuch cheaper!
Old 01-01-2014, 04:00 PM   #518 
BettaLover1313

Quote:
Yeah the plants in the tubes are snail free just because they aren't grown in a tank, most of them are grown emersed from the water so they may acclimate slowly to your tank. Water wisteria can be floated but its normally a planted plant, you're thinking of water sprite, that one mainly floats although can also be planted but I did it does so much better floated. And plants can be qt'd but that's up to you, I usually don't but either way is fine. you can use a spare container and just fill with water and keep near a light source for two weeks so they can at least grow. You can use Crystal Clear by Jungle with has PP in it, potassium something, can't look it up right now lol

Oh and don't get a bulb from any pet store, go to Walmart for that, muuuuuuch cheaper!
That clears a lot up!

Oh yes! Definitely going to Wal-Mart for the bulb, I wouldn't want to get it from PetSmart, I've seen their prices on those types of things; no thanks!
Old 01-02-2014, 10:40 AM   #519 
BettaLover1313

I'm getting really bad at updating regularly >.<

Anywho! New Year's Eve, I finished a watercolor I'd had drawn out and ready to be painted for a month or so and my friend spent the night with us while it snowed all day and all night. Yep, even snowed into the next day. Luckily, my friend was able to make it to back home and to work. We all had a fun time exchanging late Christmas presents and staying up to a little past midnight.

Yesterday should have been a WC day, but somehow it turned into a "let's do nothing day" for both me and my mom. Can't really say that much happened yesterday...yeah...definitely can't. Today should be more interesting since it's barely snowing (though we're still getting wind gusts ) and I have more to do today, including that WC.
Old 01-02-2014, 11:32 PM   #520 
Huffle Puffles

I hope Dragoon's little bumple heals up quickly!
Huffle Puffles is offline   Reply With Quote