Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Journals
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-30-2013, 08:42 PM   #891 
Elsewhere

Hey guys, sorry it's been a couple of days since I posted. Been a little busy. As far as fish tanks go, everything is going great. I still need to do WC, but I'll have to wait until tomorrow afternoon now. I have no idea how I'm going to clean the 10- it's an absolute jungle! I added in all the plants from the 2.5 and it seems to be jut overflowing with plants! I barely ever trim, because I love the jungle look, so it's my own fault.

The 27 hex is doing good, I added the adult snails today and am still trying to get rid of the majority of the babies. I gave away two thus far, and almost got rid of around ten, but the person backed out. Everything is growing good in there and everyone looks a little too well fed LOL I'll have to stop looking at their adorable little eyes XD

So I'm really excited about this guinea pig thing, and it seems pretty certain to happen within the next month or two! I have a bit of a dilemma when it comes to cages, though. I'm torn between two- one is in the next town over, and the other can be ordered over the Internet and is a custom made cage. Here's the link to the online one:

http://www.guineapigcagesstore.com/candc-cage-large

It's five feet by two and a half feet, or thirty inches by sixty inches. 40 in shipping. I can afford a bigger one, but this is the biggest one that will go in my room XD The other one is a rabbit cage, and is twenty three inches by forty seven inches. That one is a hundred and five bucks, and much smaller. But it's still much closer... I'm thinking of ordering the cage, I really love those ones, especially because I can add on, it's just a matter of convincing my mother that it's worth ordering XD

What do you guys think? Online or next town over?
Elsewhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 10:07 AM   #892 
Elsewhere

Happy New Years to all! I actually really hate New Years, because everyone is all 'New year new me! Ahaha! I'll be so much more awesome!' And I'm just like oooookay then. All these new years resolutions, and I never really partook in them.

But I might as well get these out of the way-
I haven't cleaned my fish tanks since last year!
I haven't fed my fish since last year!
I haven't trimmed my plants since last year!
I haven't pet my dog since last year!
I haven't cut my nails since last year!
I haven't scooped the cat litter since last year!
I haven't gone outside since last year!

So many more thins could go on that list XD Hoping you all had a great night, even if I didn't really enjoy new years, like always. Hopefully you guys have a year full of happy moments and special days!
Old 01-01-2014, 12:29 PM   #893 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Lol happy need to year to you to, I don't really make resolutions either, just is pointless for me lol, if I'm gonna make a resolution, I can do it any time of the year
lilnaugrim is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 12:38 PM   #894 
Elsewhere

Exactly! I've been driving my mum nuts all day saying I haven't done THIS since last year! LOL The fish are good and healthy, and I'll hopefully be getting tank pics today. I tried cleaning the 10 yesterday, and it was not working out at all. I kept uprooting things or getting plants stuck on my hand -_- Very small WC on that one this week. I need to get rid of these snails. The Barbs are trying tp eat them all, and I have nowhere else to put them!

I tested the water today, and everything looks good, so hopefully these plants are telling me to do less WC because they're taking care of it XD
Old 01-01-2014, 12:42 PM   #895 
Elsewhere

Oh, and I just realized! Tuesday was my one year anniversary of being on this site! Woo!
Old 01-01-2014, 01:44 PM   #896 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Woohoo! You've been on this site three months longer than I have! Lol well I stalked around this time but that was it. I still can't believe I've had remmy for a year now!!! But yeah, I'm still at my aunts house so none of my fish have been fed yet...haven't fed my fish since last year either haha
lilnaugrim is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 02:15 PM   #897 
LittleBettaFish

I know this is from the previous page, but you can use plain flour or something like corn starch to stop the bleeding if you accidentally cut the dog's quick. We used it when mum cut the quick on one of our German Shepherds, and it stopped the bleeding pretty quickly.

It's awful when you do it though. I will trim my cats' claws but I refuse to do the dog's because I can't see how close to cut.
LittleBettaFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 02:28 PM   #898 
Elsewhere

I just typed out a long reply when my tablet died. Erg!

It feels weird that I've had Pigg longer than you've had Remmy, Lil. Eighteen months now! It feels like such a long time!

Thanks LBF, my aunt told us the same thing, but after we already went to the vet XD Hopefully this doesn't happen again. My dad wants to just take her to the vet for all of her grooming things now, both of them, but that's fifteen bucks per nail clipping, which is ridiculous! I'll just have to be more careful and try and calm her down before grooming her anymore.

So it's looking like I'll be getting guinea pigs! My mum says she still hasn't made an official decision, but I think she's thinking I can get one. She said she'd tell me after two weeks, but I'm doubting that. They're going on a trip soon, and she said I can get them after that if she decides I can get them, but I'm pretty sure she'll pull out the exam excuse and say I can't get them til after exams are done.

I'll be making my own C&C cage, which should be a learning experience. Hopefully all will go well with that! I'll be taking pics of the fish sometime this week as an update! Maybe today, but probably not.
Old 01-01-2014, 06:19 PM   #899 
Quinn

Make a double level C&C! I hope the piggies work out for you! Sounds like your mom will cave. Yay!
I had a bunch as a kid, but sadly most weren't given the best of care/proper caging. They are cuties, but my heart really went to rats, they are just amazing little guys. I'd like to have a bunny again too... I really need a big house. And more money. Hahaha
Quinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 07:04 PM   #900 
PetMania

Happy One-year anniversary!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilnaugrim View Post
Woohoo! You've been on this site three months longer than I have! Lol well I stalked around this time but that was it. I still can't believe I've had remmy for a year now!!! But yeah, I'm still at my aunts house so none of my fish have been fed yet...haven't fed my fish since last year either haha

Yep! March will be one year for me as well
PetMania is offline   Reply With Quote