Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-21-2010, 12:36 AM   #1 
veronicamarae

tank and accessories help

I am going to petsmart tomorrow to buy a tank (or two) for my two females. Anyone know of a good tank? If the females can stay together is say a 5 gallon tank, that would be best for my budget. I have around $100.00 for tanks and accessories and I need more accessories for my male bettas tank (it is empty at the moment).

Any ideas and suggestions would be wonderful.
veronicamarae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 07:29 AM   #2 
BettaxFishxCrazy

Females should only be kept together if it's a 10G tank and you have at least 4 females. If you stick 2 of them in a small tank one is going to attack the other one and you could end up with one or two dead fish. It's a big misconception that people think that only males are the aggressive ones which isn't true at all. Females can be more aggressive than males. I would suggest getting a 2G tank or up for each female. I'm not familiar with Petsmart's tanks but you can always look on their website before going. Male and females love hiding places and lots of silk plants so they can hide and feel safe. So I'd buy at least 2 or 3 silk plants per tank if you're getting a 2G. I know Walmart has a 5G for $30 so you just have to shop around for good prices.
BettaxFishxCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 08:44 AM   #3 
veronicamarae

thanks I'll check walmart first.
Old 04-21-2010, 10:33 AM   #4 
Mister Sparkle

Quote:
Originally Posted by BettaxFishxCrazy View Post
Females can be more aggressive than males..
Yes, they can be quite aggressive, even downright abusive. But I don't know if I'd go THAT far!
Mister Sparkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 04:16 PM   #5 
veronicamarae

I ended up getting a 10G tank because it was on sale. My grandmother wanted my white and pink Betta so I went over my budget a little and bought her a 3G tank. It was so cool.

Although now I have a 10G tank and one very very tiny Betta female in it. At the moment I've completely lost her in it. She is so happy.

My male Betta got his truck pack and new plants so he is relatively happy.

Thank you for the advice!
Old 04-21-2010, 07:31 PM   #6 
BettaxFishxCrazy

That's great! I'm sure she'll love it! You could get 3 or 4 more females and make a female sorority if you wanted. :)
BettaxFishxCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote