Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-21-2010, 12:09 PM   #11 
brancasterr

TheJadeBetta, if you already have two of those heaters then why spend the extra money when you can just use that one? If you're worried about the internal thermometer being faulty you could give it a test run in a bucket or in the tank without a fish in it yet.
brancasterr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 01:24 PM   #12 
TheJadeBetta

Well both of those heaters are on my both of my 10 gallons I have set up.
TheJadeBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 01:41 PM   #13 
brancasterr

Oh, okay. So you have two 10 gallons set up with one in each? Well if you're uncertain on how the Hydor will perform you know the one's you already have are good quality. I know from experience that they still work great even in smaller tanks. :)
brancasterr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 02:24 PM   #14 
TheJadeBetta

Okay, thank you! I didn't get that one, because I was afraid they would be to hot for my little Nova. But you said from experience they would work. So I will get that. Again, Thank you!!
TheJadeBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 09:30 PM   #15 
kikuhoshi

I have two of the Hydor 7.5s (one for my boy's @home tank, and the other for his here at school), for a 1 and gal, respectively. In my 1, I don't have to unplug it, outside of cleanings - it cools down a bit during the day, and at night I cover it up so that it reheats. It's not a big jump in temp - usually about somewhere around 78 is where it stays, 2. In the gal, it normally gets up to 80 before I shut it off, and that takes about 30 minutes.

I'm swapping out my gal for my 1 soon, and buying a 10gal - I came across one at Meijer for $10! - and I'll probably use both heaters at opposite ends of the tank. Thank the betta gods for power strips! ;)
kikuhoshi is offline   Reply With Quote