Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-21-2010, 09:51 PM   #1 
akjadestar

So Venus is doing much better than before...

So some of you might have heard about the accident my betta had when his head got stuck in the hole on the bottom of a plant pot. He got freed by breaking open the pot, but was lying there on his side on the bottom of the tank for like, 2 days... then he began swimming around again and he's still alive now... but he doesn't seem incredibly well. On his left side he seems not that bad... His color is nice and bright, his pectoral fins and pelvic fins are looking good...
On his right side, well his color is more yellowy because it appears he has some rubbed off scales there. And around his gills and face is grayish when it should be dark red and cream. And his pectoral fin is smaller than the one on the left (I know that's not bad, just thought I'd share it, it's kinda cute like on Finding Nemo!) and his right pelvic fin at first had a hole in it and now the holes opened so it's in like, two pieces and seems thin and ready to come off soon...

His dorsal fin's looking good... his anal fin is sort of darker on the edge leading me to believe possibly there's rotting... but the fins DO seem fine...
His caudal fin is kinda frayed on the edges....

So yeah, can anyone help me out? If you could suggest a good medicine or something? And I already have been dosing Venus with some aquarium salt for a while and it gradually helps his torn fins.

I'm thinking of buying Kordon's PolyAqua which is good for fins and it's also a water conditioner.. Should I try that out?
I use Kordon's NovAqua water conditioner too and I really like it and I wanna know if I could mix PolyAqua and NovAqua together they're both water conditioners and I could do half a dose of NovAqua half a dose PolyAqua?
That way Venus has some healing for his fins AND a protective slime coat...
akjadestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 11:30 AM   #2 
zoragen

I've never used PolyAqua so can't say anything about that.

But a little salt may help - 1/2 teaspoon per gallon.
zoragen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 07:24 PM   #3 
akjadestar

Yup I've given him salt and his water's at a temp. of 75 degrees.... It would be higher but I think his new heater is defective... :/
akjadestar is offline   Reply With Quote