Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-03-2014, 10:46 PM   #10571 
tcallahan06

Here is my boy Poseidon in the Fluval Spec V.
Attached Images

tcallahan06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 10:48 PM   #10572 
david508

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcallahan06 View Post
Very nice! It appears that you created two worlds in one, I couple long plants in the works would finish it. Great job! Is that a 55gl tank?
david508 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 11:20 PM   #10573 
LugiaChan

Quote:
Originally Posted by bettaqb9 View Post
This is my betas bowl he likes that bowl!

Attachment 268273.
Even in a warm climate, betta fish are much happier with a heater that keeps the temperature at a consistent level. Any room in just about any location will fluctuate in temperature, causing less immunity and worse health than a fish with a heater to stabilize the temperature.
LugiaChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 11:55 PM   #10574 
david508

My kids bettas

Here is my daughter's betta, "Lava" who was living in a 1gal. bowl only, water changed once a week. Upgrade, with filter and NOW a heater.

This was my son but now a family fish, "Blue" was in a 1gal. bowl as well, with an uprade and NOW a heater. I may change that nozzle into a long down tube perhaps, he either likes playing against it or finds it annoying.

Old 01-05-2014, 03:38 AM   #10575 
CaidenT

My betta sushi in his 5 gal tank.
Name:  194ba97a5f432f06de3bf1096004ecbade6b2411.jpg
Views: 795
Size:  63.9 KB
CaidenT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 10:56 AM   #10576 
NozzALa

http://i.imgur.com/CQNjSqb.jpg

My betta Teddy's latest setup. Experimented with live plants but I found that, at least for now, I prefer the simplicity of silk plants. He likes his place I think.
NozzALa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 03:13 PM   #10577 
david508

Quote:
Originally Posted by NozzALa View Post
http://i.imgur.com/CQNjSqb.jpg

My betta Teddy's latest setup. Experimented with live plants but I found that, at least for now, I prefer the simplicity of silk plants. He likes his place I think.
you have the same exact tank as I do for one of my bettas. Question for you, what is that thing you have in the far corner where the nozzle is located? I'm not sure if my fish likes the pressure of that, even at the lowest setting on the pump, it still creates current no matter where you aim it at. I'm thinking of adding a homemade tube to alleviate that single pressure coming out. It also happens to be in the same area for the feeding hole.
Old 01-05-2014, 11:38 PM   #10578 
Tree

my update on my tanks. =) my new 1 gallon on the top left that has a girl name Perch. top right is Anchovy, bottom right is Sardine and bottom left is Tuna.
Tree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 12:21 AM   #10579 
cairnexus

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcallahan06 View Post
I liked the multiple "levels" looks real sleek and simple bravo!
cairnexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 03:18 AM   #10580 
NozzALa

Quote:
Originally Posted by david508 View Post
you have the same exact tank as I do for one of my bettas. Question for you, what is that thing you have in the far corner where the nozzle is located? I'm not sure if my fish likes the pressure of that, even at the lowest setting on the pump, it still creates current no matter where you aim it at. I'm thinking of adding a homemade tube to alleviate that single pressure coming out. It also happens to be in the same area for the feeding hole.

Not sure what you mean, it's just the nozzle there, my thermometer is on the other side but that's it. I've had two bettas in this tank, and neither have really minded the pressure. I aim mine as far up as possible, so it only really agitates the surface directly, so he can still swim around the nozzle without it pushing him. You can always get one of those fluval edge sponges to stick on there, I know a couple people have done that, it's a bit big but it does the job.
NozzALa is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aquarium, arteries, arteriestagiscreepnmeout, bettathanyou, do the harlem shake!!!, don'tmindmejustatag, dyingoflaughteroverhere, glory werz here!:b, ihavetoomanybettas, lols, macgyver was here, mochi was here, omgwecanedittags?, tank