Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-25-2010, 11:44 AM   #1 
cdawson5

Getting worse!

Hi,

I still don't know what is wrong with her. Now her color is almost gray all the way through and she is looking emancipated. She hasn't eatin in almost two weeks and the Melafix isn't working. I"ve been chaning her water every day and adding salt. I just don't know what to do and I want do whatever I can for her. She is barely moving and sits at the bottom of the bowl. I have it heated and the water is okay.

Please help me in what you think it might be. I feel so terrible.

Here are some pictures:
Attached Images

Last edited by cdawson5; 04-25-2010 at 12:00 PM. Reason: Adding Pictures
cdawson5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 04:38 PM   #2 
BettaxFishxCrazy

It kind of seems like she's starting to pine-cone but I can't see it that well in the pictures so I could be wrong. How big is the tank and what is the temperature of the tank? How long have you had her?
BettaxFishxCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 07:44 PM   #3 
cdawson5

I've had her since last November and the tank is 1 gallon. I have a heater in it because at first I thought that had to do with it... It is set at 78 degrees (I can't change that). I have been changing her water 50 percent and today I did a full change...
Old 04-25-2010, 07:56 PM   #4 
xswornxoffxjello

Poor baby. I think BettaxFishxCrazy is right; if it's dropsy there's really nothing you can do.
xswornxoffxjello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 08:22 PM   #5 
Betta Slave

Yeah, her fins are looking to start to get pine-coney. :( I hope she will be okay in the end.
Betta Slave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 01:43 AM   #6 
Mister Sparkle

It doesn't look like dropsy to me, but it's hard to tell from pics. Mega-changes and some salt. That's about all there is to do in cases like this.
Mister Sparkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 08:50 AM   #7 
BettaxFishxCrazy

Could you get clearer pictures of her? A 1G should be cleaned 100% every other day IMO. Ammonia builds up VERY fast in small tanks.
BettaxFishxCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 12:36 PM   #8 
cdawson5

Exclamation

I'm not sure if the speckles are on her or in the water... if so then that means she has ick? And if so then what do I use to help her? I've stopped the Melafix and she seemed to like that. I'm changing her water as we speak since I could get better pictures with her in a cup.
Attached Images

Old 04-26-2010, 12:48 PM   #9 
Mitsufishi

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdawson5 View Post
Hi,

I still don't know what is wrong with her. Now her color is almost gray all the way through and she is looking emancipated. She hasn't eatin in almost two weeks and the Melafix isn't working. I"ve been chaning her water every day and adding salt. I just don't know what to do and I want do whatever I can for her. She is barely moving and sits at the bottom of the bowl. I have it heated and the water is okay.

Please help me in what you think it might be. I feel so terrible.

Here are some pictures:
Im sorry about your fish, but I think you got some words crossed. Emancipated mean like "seperated", Emaciated would mean like "under fed, or skinny"
Mitsufishi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 01:14 PM   #10 
cdawson5

Um.. so any advice then since my vocabulary has failed me lol.