Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-06-2014, 02:33 PM   #1 
Cupcake21

Purchasing Aquariums

I just joined this community and am excited to get more around the site. To the point, Petco is having the $1 a gallon sale and I want to get back into owning Bettas. I've owned many, but haven't for a few years.

Bettas are currently on sale at Petco, but when I visited the shipment hadn't come in since the weather is beyond freezing cold. The employee said to check back tomorrow to a few days. That gives me time to get everything set up. If you are going to tell me to purchase online for breeding stock, that is on a standstill for now. I would love to try breeding with cheaper Bettas as I haven't done it before. I have done research for years off and on, but I really want to get started. (I am still in the research stage of breeding and the Bettas I purchase won't be bred for who knows how long).

I was thinking about purchasing a 50 gallon, but the downfall of getting a 50 gallon is the stands are very expensive. I searched all over Craigslist to see if there were any, but there weren't. I haven't checked prices on any lids/canapies because I forgot to do so while at the store.

I might be able to find a place for a 29 gallon even though space is tight right now. I do plan on moving within the next few months so I will have more space. I don't know when the next sale is, so I really don't want to miss out on those great prices.

What are your thoughts? They have 5 gallons for sale, so should I get multiple 5 gallons? I would separate them in half so they can at least house 2 males or a few females with lots of plants and "hiding spots" (of course monitoring them when they are put together).

I'm sorry if this post is very confusing. I am not looking to purchase anything online since I don't have a bank account (paypal, debit card, etc) or credit card.

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask. I am a newb currently so bare with me please.
Cupcake21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 06:52 PM   #2 
Matilda

I don't think the 5 gallon ones are on sale but I could be wrong. You might get a few 10 gallon ones & divide those. You could even do those into 3rds.
Matilda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 07:12 PM   #3 
Cupcake21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matilda View Post
I don't think the 5 gallon ones are on sale but I could be wrong. You might get a few 10 gallon ones & divide those. You could even do those into 3rds.
In my area, the 5 gallons are available. I have an old 5 gallon canopy so I might purchase one just so it's not sitting around with no use. I am leaning towards 10 gallons and 20 gallons. I feel I have more placement options for the 10/20 gallons compared to the 29 gallons.

---

They don't have the 50 gallons, they're 55g for the sale as well. I just checked on their website.

I am debating on purchasing the 55g as well as a long, wooden dresser off of Craigslist for $50. I am just nervous about if the dresser can hold all of the weight. The 55 gallon might be a community tank for other fish species but I am still very undecided at this point.
Cupcake21 is offline   Reply With Quote