Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Meet the Betta Keepers
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-08-2014, 02:44 AM   #1 
Kali

Hello to everyone and your betta companions

Hey,

So as I am new to both the world of bettas and to bettafish.com I guess this is my introduction post.
I'm 23, live in Melbourne, Australia and have just bought my very first betta.
My family have had a couple of goldfish over the years, but all I ever had to do as a kid was feed flakes once a day so it's been pretty overwhelming jumping into the world of aquarium cycling and pH testing.

I brought home my beautiful male betta (I think he's a veil-tail) a couple of days ago, and he's alone in a 5 gallon tank with heater and filter, as well as a couple of silk plants and decorations. I'm doing a fish in cycle simply because I had never heard of cycling until I added him to the tank (not enough research, I know, but I've now got a master testing kit and I've been reading all the threads on cycling).

Since discovering this website I've been voraciously reading everything I can about betta care. I'm a uni student who loves learning, and I'm on holidays so it's been good to have a new research project.

Anyway, I can't wait to meet you all, and you're beautiful bettas (one week in I'm already in love with bettas, I guess I've got the betta-bug), and I want to thank you all for the incredibly helpful and easy to understand knowledge you've already shared on this site for newbies like me to devour!

Cheers,
K

Edit: forgot to mention that currently Mr Fishy is unnamed, as I always struggle with names (I struggle picking usernames for websites, let alone pets. They're just so... permanent! God help me when I have kids!), so I want to check out his personality before deciding on one. My grandma and mum say I should stick with Mr Fishy, but this is from women who named their cats Puss and Kitty :P

Last edited by Kali; 01-08-2014 at 02:49 AM.
Kali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 04:43 AM   #2 
Romad
TFK Moderator

Hi Kali,

Welcome to the forum You have me laughing about your cat names - LOL. I can assume that if you get a dog they will immediately name it Dog :)

Your betta's name will come to you. I've had bettas for weeks and call them Buddy before the chosen name will pop into my head.

Let us know when you pick one :)
Romad is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 05:22 AM   #3 
eatmice2010

Lol welcome to the forum and wellcome to BWRTWODC. :D
eatmice2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 06:35 PM   #4 
dramaqueen
Banned

Hello and welcome to the forum.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 07:02 PM   #5 
Aus

Hi Kali, nice to see another fellow Aussie here. There's several of us regularly floating about.. some even from Melbourne, too!

I hope you enjoy the forum. Looking forward to your posts.
Aus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 04:52 AM   #6 
greyko

My last betta was Mr Fish. It's a fine name. ;)
greyko is offline   Reply With Quote