Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-28-2010, 06:07 PM   #1 
streetlightdawn

Question Crack in 2.5 gallon mini-bow

So today I noticed that there is a crack in the back of my 2.5 gallon mini-bow. I ran my hand across the outside and I could feel the crack but when I felt the inside I couldn't feel it. It's not leaking at all, but it's probably about 2 inches long. I don't really have the money to buy a new one right now (I know they're not that expensive but I don't have a job right now) and I'm wondering if there is a cheaper solution. I know it probably won't hold forever, but I'm hoping I can wait until I can get a job this summer.

If anyone has any ideas, I would love to hear them!
streetlightdawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 06:41 PM   #2 
SaylorKennedy

If you're worried about it, you can buy a kritter keeper. They're really cheap but dependable and nice. Quite a few people here have them. I have one that I used as a hospital tank for one of my sick boys.
SaylorKennedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 06:50 PM   #3 
streetlightdawn

Is there any way to fix the actual crack? Like a sealant or something since it doesn't go all the way through? I might try the critter keeper if I can't... I'm just so annoyed since I just bought the tank in January
Old 04-28-2010, 11:42 PM   #4 
Mister Sparkle

You can use sealant to make it last a LITTLE BIT longer, but that is plastic you're dealing with. It will need to be replaced, unfortunately.
Mister Sparkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 11:47 PM   #5 
TeenyTinyTofu

I agree... it's plastic, it's going to start leaking, and soon. Kritter keepers are only $10 - $15. I'd find a way to put him in something else soon, before you wake up and find the tank had emptied out overnight.
TeenyTinyTofu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 10:57 AM   #6 
streetlightdawn

Thanks everyone for the replies, I'll transfer him over to my hospital tank for now. My boyfriend said he would help me out so that I can get another tank so I'll be doing that as soon as possible. Thanks again!