Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-27-2010, 09:26 PM   #1 
prettyfishy312

Exclamation Multiple Issues... HELP! :(

Okay so for the past few days my poor little boy has not been eating - I give him quite the variety of appropriate foods in the right amount (usually around four to five pellets a day, three in the morning and two at night). He also gets a pretty decent amount of both night and day as well. He is the only fish in my 5g tank with an adequate amount of plants and there is also a hidey hole in it too. I have been testing the water constantly and all of the results are coming out fine as well. Every single item that has been placed in his tank has passed the toilet paper test and my filter is buffered so that the current does not come out so fast...

He currently has three rips in his tail (two of them are about 90 percent healed) and I have no freaking clue as to what is causing his tail to split... I have put a rounded tablespoon of aquarium salt into his tank as well as having completed a recent 50 percent water change....

I have no clue as to what is happening and/or what is being done wrong! PLEASE HELP!!!!
prettyfishy312 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 10:07 PM   #2 
Sella

Anything sharp in the aquarium?? Can you take pictures?
Sella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 10:19 PM   #3 
xxabc

I would look at the filter intake as well.

Well mine is divided so they see each other, but the worst of it is when one of my bettas just flashes alongside the divider. His tail drags against the gravel and *boom* frayed fins. It's annoying, but not much I can do. It was highly unlikely, but I saw it myself, so ... think up some logical but "far-out" scenarios.
xxabc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 06:55 PM   #4 
prettyfishy312

nothing sharp in the aquarium... i have tested everything about three times. The gravel drag does sound like a logical thing now that you mention it ;). I have rechecked my filter and for extra safety precautions I have cut a new water bottle with sturdier plastic and a sponge for an even smoother current!
prettyfishy312 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 07:49 PM   #5 
BettaxFishxCrazy

Sometimes when they flare at themselves, they'll move too quickly and rip their tail.
BettaxFishxCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 08:33 PM   #6 
xxabc

^ My betta faced that. Flared way too much and he ended up ripping his tail. Ugh. But it's better now.
xxabc is offline   Reply With Quote