Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-06-2014, 03:24 AM   #91 
Hallyx
Reference Team
 
Hallyx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Fungus corners
For a simple point&shoot like the Lumix: Find your settings dial. Set it on AP (Aperture Priority) Set that to f-4.5 (I think that's the largest opening you can get). Your shutter speed will automatically be set by the camera. That's the best you can do on any camera.

Also look and see if you have a macro setting.
Hallyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 12:27 PM   #92 
MrsRowell706
Member
 
MrsRowell706's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Buffalo NY
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hallyx View Post
For a simple point&shoot like the Lumix: Find your settings dial. Set it on AP (Aperture Priority) Set that to f-4.5 (I think that's the largest opening you can get). Your shutter speed will automatically be set by the camera. That's the best you can do on any camera.

Also look and see if you have a macro setting.

Ok I will look at that as soon as I get home from work Thank you I love taking pictures and would love a really good high end camera but don't think that will happen any time soon lol and where would I see if it has the macro setting?
MrsRowell706 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 12:41 PM   #93 
OutOurDoor
New Member
 
OutOurDoor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Huntington Beach, Ca
Macro settings aren't super necessary it will also make it a lot harder to get a good focus. You have to be very quick. It will how ever get you the blur you are looking for possible, im not 100% on a point and shoot. Also if your point and shoot camera let's you bump up the ISO you can get it to shoot a lot faster because it will bring in more light but the higher the number the grainer the picture will be which I my self try to avoid.
OutOurDoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 02:36 PM   #94 
OutOurDoor
New Member
 
OutOurDoor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Huntington Beach, Ca
So I made this to show the particular settings I used for the Kelpie photos. Basically the reason this photo doesn't have much blur compared to the others, even though I was using the same marco lens, is because his whole body and most fins are on the same focal plan (where the focus was). So if he was turned where his fins were in back of him then the fins would be blurred because they aren't on the same area the focus was on (you can tell a little by looking at the pelvic fins in this photo). Not sure if that makes sense but it's the best way I could explain it.



I have a couple new babies since xmas so think later this week I will try to get some more pictures and see if I can do the same set up with the same outcome. I can also post a few pictures with the settings used if you would like.

But because DSLR's and certain lenses get so much different outcomes then just regular point and shoot it might be hard to get the same kind of photos. Most point and shoots do have manual modes that let you control a lot more.

Last edited by OutOurDoor; 01-06-2014 at 02:40 PM.
OutOurDoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 02:48 PM   #95 
MrsRowell706
Member
 
MrsRowell706's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Buffalo NY
Quote:
Originally Posted by OutOurDoor View Post
So I made this to show the particular settings I used for the Kelpie photos. Basically the reason this photo doesn't have much blur compared to the others, even though I was using the same marco lens, is because his whole body and most fins are on the same focal plan (where the focus was). So if he was turned where his fins were in back of him then the fins would be blurred because they aren't on the same area the focus was on (you can tell a little by looking at the pelvic fins in this photo). Not sure if that makes sense but it's the best way I could explain it.



I have a couple new babies since xmas so think later this week I will try to get some more pictures and see if I can do the same set up with the same outcome. I can also post a few pictures with the settings used if you would like.

But because DSLR's and certain lenses get so much different outcomes then just regular point and shoot it might be hard to get the same kind of photos. Most point and shoots do have manual modes that let you control a lot more.

wow I love that picture!!! Ill have to play around with my cameras maybe one day my husband will buy me a good camera lol but who knows my lumex is suppose to be a good one its a $400 camera that we won but I think the price is based on the fact that its durable and water proof not so much for the quality of pics or maybe I just need to learn more on how to change the settings and modes it has I went threw all the preset modes and really didn't like any of them even just the regular smart capture setting.
MrsRowell706 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 02:51 PM   #96 
OutOurDoor
New Member
 
OutOurDoor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Huntington Beach, Ca
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsRowell706 View Post
wow I love that picture!!! Ill have to play around with my cameras maybe one day my husband will buy me a good camera lol but who knows my lumex is suppose to be a good one its a $400 camera that we won but I think the price is based on the fact that its durable and water proof not so much for the quality of pics or maybe I just need to learn more on how to change the settings and modes it has I went threw all the preset modes and really didn't like any of them even just the regular smart capture setting.
What kind of model is your Lumex? I can check out online what kind of functions it has for you and report back.
OutOurDoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 02:58 PM   #97 
MrsRowell706
Member
 
MrsRowell706's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Buffalo NY
It is a Lumix TS3 and thank you so much... I looked at your camera and I could only dream of having such a nice camera I love taking pictures I should have went to school for it
MrsRowell706 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 09:46 AM   #98 
Hallyx
Reference Team
 
Hallyx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Fungus corners
Thanks OOD for that really good explanation and example. Looking forward to your newpics, especially if you include the exposure information.

BTW, on your photo, I think you have the shutter-speed mislabeled as aperture.
Hallyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 09:02 AM   #99 
OutOurDoor
New Member
 
OutOurDoor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Huntington Beach, Ca
Thanks Hallyx fixed!
OutOurDoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 10:06 PM   #100 
Tree
Member
 
Tree's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Northfield Minnesota
Quote:
Originally Posted by OutOurDoor View Post
So I made this to show the particular settings I used for the Kelpie photos. Basically the reason this photo doesn't have much blur compared to the others, even though I was using the same marco lens, is because his whole body and most fins are on the same focal plan (where the focus was). So if he was turned where his fins were in back of him then the fins would be blurred because they aren't on the same area the focus was on (you can tell a little by looking at the pelvic fins in this photo). Not sure if that makes sense but it's the best way I could explain it.



I have a couple new babies since xmas so think later this week I will try to get some more pictures and see if I can do the same set up with the same outcome. I can also post a few pictures with the settings used if you would like.

But because DSLR's and certain lenses get so much different outcomes then just regular point and shoot it might be hard to get the same kind of photos. Most point and shoots do have manual modes that let you control a lot more.
Nice explanation and beautiful shot! Those are pretty much the settings I use for my Canon. but I really should try to put a black background in with my shots. 8D
I am lucky that all of my bettas LOVE the camera. XD They get all excited when I come by with it.
Tree is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
anyone wanna go eat, watermelons?

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
How do I get good pictures of my betta? Trobar Betta Pictures 5 11-06-2011 09:28 PM
How to Take Good Pictures? Kytkattin Betta Pictures 1 10-24-2011 04:13 PM
i cant get any good pictures of them:( bettalover2033 Betta Pictures 3 07-04-2010 03:46 PM
Pictures of Tofu and Aiden (really good pictures COME LOOK!) Bettabubble3 Betta Pictures 16 06-11-2010 02:35 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:51 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.