Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Compatibility
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish
View Poll Results: What should MozartOwner do?
Give it a try, when it is time to mix be ready for anything to happen and good luck! 3 25.00%
I wouldn't bother trying 0 0%
take them back to Walmart! 8 66.67%
Can a friend or someone take them? 1 8.33%
I have no clue and being very un-useful to you (=P) 0 0%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-26-2010, 08:59 PM   #1 
MozartOwner

Question Black Skirt Tetra

Hello, I'm the troubled owner who goofly bought the wrong fish at Walmart, I was wondering if any one knows if they would take them back?

No, I haven't even put Mozart in a bag with these fish outside of the bag in the tank, but they themselves seem to have cut fins, and I only asume it's because of one another. I could be wrong though. I put my finger in the tank and they gathered around but wouldn't dare to get close (yes, I put my own finger in the tank before I would put Mozart safely in a bag, I don't want him to stress if he doesn't need to) so maybe Mozart will not get bothered (oh, and my hands were clean I just did a... 15% water change perhaps)

If you think it's worth trying to see if they get along please say so, if you think that it's not worth the bother I also ask you to say. Honest feed back is all I need, even if you want to call me a dope for getting them in the first place
MozartOwner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 02:10 AM   #2 
Mister Sparkle

I would take them back...for crying out loud, you asked for CORYS!!! Do I remember correctly? Just because you didn't know better, that's no excuse for THEM not to know!
Mister Sparkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 03:54 AM   #3 
Kittles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Sparkle View Post
I would take them back...for crying out loud, you asked for CORYS!!! Do I remember correctly? Just because you didn't know better, that's no excuse for THEM not to know!
This.

You should get what you asked for. And I love Corydoras. :>
Kittles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 11:23 AM   #4 
truthequalslies

bst's are a bit nippy and agressive so i wouldnt mix em i would either find a friend whos willing to take them or take them bak to walmart
truthequalslies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 11:28 AM   #5 
MozartOwner

I went to Walmart and they wont take the fish back. I'm offering them on Facebook FOR FREE with food, and if needed I have an extra 5.5 gallon tank they can have with brand new filter. I haven't gotten anyone to offer to take them. But if I need to I can hopefully give them to my little sister but I'd probably still have to take care of them
Old 05-01-2010, 02:42 PM   #6 
Kittles

Wow, that's stupid. I would rage. I am raging. You didn't purchase them that long ago, though, I guess it would depend on whether you kept a receipt or not.

They give you the wrong fish and refuse to correct their mistake. >:l
Old 05-01-2010, 03:27 PM   #7 
MozartOwner

I do have the receipt, but it was longer then 7 days ago. I am pretty mad, but I kinda feel bad for the tetras. No one wants them
Old 05-01-2010, 04:29 PM   #8 
Kittles

I'd understand the return policy if you were attempting to return what you'd actually asked for. It's their employees mistake and it's their job to correct it. Plain and simple.

Have you spoken with a manager and told them of this situation? I mean, isn't it illegal? You specifically asked for one type of fish and were mindlessly given another. That carelessness could be dangerous. What if those fish had killed your betta? You could sue them!
Old 05-01-2010, 07:20 PM   #9 
MozartOwner

Never thought of it like that, I kinda just want to sneak them back in because it takes FOREVER for someone to come and get the fish. The ironic thing is I was never going to get Cory's at Walmart, I didn't think they had any, I was gonna drive... half hour or so to a Petco/Petsmart and I saw a sign saying they had Cory's and remembered that's an approved fishmate and asked. When I went back and looked in the tanks after realizing what they looked like they don't have any!