Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-01-2010, 10:19 PM   #1 
Eolith

I saw a butterfly

So... I never can help myself when I go to Petco. I just have to look at the bettas they have in stock. Most of them were just little guys that hadn't even grown all the way yet, and very common colored veil tails.

And then... I saw him. A halfmoon, purple with white fringes on his fins. (That color pattern is called a butterfly right?) Blue eyes. I think I have a new crush. But... I didn't bring him home with me. Why? Because I live in a dorm room. Space is limited, but that isn't the biggest setback. The biggest setback is the fact that whenever I go home for breaks and so on, I have to move the tanks. It's hard enough as it is, but if I had a third tank it would become downright hellish.

The only way I could make it work would be if I divided my 10 gallon... but I've tried that once with poor results. The two boys just threw themselves at one another for hours without stop until I broke down and separated them between two tanks.

Anyhow. I had to share my angst.
Eolith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 04:59 PM   #2 
mysquishy

You could try dividing the 10 gallon again and putting a lot of tall plants along the divider so they cant see each other all the time and give them lots of places to hide and maybe it could work. My boys do fine in my divided 10 gallon and I have three in there.
mysquishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 05:09 PM   #3 
creamcookie

I hate it when I see a really beautiful betta at a petstore but i can't get it because then I would have way too much work. The betta you saw sounds beautiful.
creamcookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 06:03 PM   #4 
Eolith

Hmm... I've tried dividing the tank again. The two boys have spent pretty much their entire day "stalking" one another, but there doesn't seem to be quite the same level of violent thrashing and excitement. So I'm not sure if their activity level is a happy healthy level for being next to one another or if they're doing too much. Obviously I don't want them to be stressed.
Eolith is offline   Reply With Quote